no nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
iam thinking about not runing nitro in my traxxas 3.3. i can get methanol for $2.70 a gal. oil $7.89 for 16 oz. one gal total aprox $3.70 runs cooler, uses less fuel, run more blower pressure. cost less. so what think?

I've done it before your engine will run about 200degrees but you got to get the mix rite.
also it ruins the mill quicker but it increases power

It is not a good idea top run anything in your motor but nitro fuel. In addition to the nitro, it includes some Castor or synthetic oil to keep the mill lubricated and cool. Some newer members will try to tell you otherwise but most of the old hands will agree that you shouldn't run anything but the nitro.

well i understand you guys are telling me stright methanol and oil will not work in a nitro engine. i thank you for your info. but if airplains run 10%, thats not to different from stright methanol. i think ill give it a try, but i think ill run 14% oil. i might not get it going for a week or so, i have still got 16 oz of 30% to burn. if iam wrong ill have to apologize.

Please don't stand near it when its running. I'd hate to see the aftermath...

Let me know if you try it. I've been pondering this experiment myself since I live near a dragstrip and can easily pick up methanol there.
I know it'll run if you get the compression right and the right glow plug,how much power you can get is the question. I've read of many airplane guys doing it but will it be powerful enough with the extra powertrain losses in a land vehicle?

it will run i dune it before it makes the car run quick but it kills comprision

it will run i dune it before it makes the car run quick but it kills comprision

I have to say you have done a lot of things in your short time here on earth, your next mission should be to either learn to spell or learn to use spell check.

how did you no thats my next mission
And young grasshopper you just failed your newest mission before it even got off the ground. Call your English teacher....get home lessons.

to SMaxxin is other peoples spelling the bigest problem you have?

Geez guys leave the kid alone. I understand what he's saying and spelling.

Aren't you guys a little old to play with trucks?
Yes,yes we are!
Iam going through me third childhood, and it works great with out women. iam not 60 just $59.95 plus shipping and handling

to SMaxxin is other peoples spelling the bigest problem you have?

Geez guys leave the kid alone. I understand what he's saying and spelling.
Both of you stick around awhile and you will learn to grit your teeth anytime he says something. It is not just his spelling, in the words of Mr. Anderson from Beavis and Butthead.... "That boy just aint right". But hey we all have stuck up for him at one time or another.

Back