Nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estep64

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What kind of fuel do you all use? And what is the best website I can buy it from? Thanks

I use bryon gen 2. I would stick to your lhs because it's usually hard to ship. I like rcplanet.com, they have good prices

I would try to buy locally if at all possible because if you buy online, then you'll have to pay a hazmat fee on a gallon container. So let's say you purchased 4 gallons of fuel for 120. Then tack on your hazmat fee of 25 bucks and now your paying 145 for fuel before taxes, coupons and shipping. I like the byrons race gen 2 rtr. It burns very well and has 16% oil which keeps my temps down.

What kind of fuel do you all use? And what is the best website I can buy it from? Thanks

I would get your Nitro from LHS
I use Blue Thunder & Traxxas Top Fuel 20% nitro content & both fuels are very good & hold there tune well & havent experenced any big problems with eiter fuel & sometime's when I put in a "PARTS ORDER from Towerhobbies I will pick up 3 QT size bottles of Towerpower 20% I like that fuel as well.

I run Torco 30% and buy it by the case online since no one local stocks it, but if your local hobby shop has a reputable brand of fuel, stick to that!

Traxxas Top Fuel is not a very good fuel IMHO. Some guys have good luck with it...most do not ;-)

do you like the torco? i found it on ebay for $36 shipped

do you like the torco? i found it on ebay for $36 shipped

I've been running Torco for @ 2 years now. Love the stuff. I originally started running it due to a discount through Team Terribles, but I continue to run it as well because it just runs great and burns clean. I took apart my 7 gallon old race engine....and there was barely any noticeable carbon on the piston. Plenty of oil in there to keep it lubed between runs as well.

The only downside to Torco is it tends to still puff smoke when you're on the lean side of a tune as well. They have tamed it down a little since the original formula....but if you tune 100% by smoke...your engine will be lean just about everytime ;-) Once you get used to that....it's a great fuel. Never had an issue...and I get it for @ $100 a case shipped.

+1 for Torco fuel. It's went up a hair @ $113 a case but that INCLUDES the shipping/hazmat fees! You can buy directly from their website HERE

Damn...$136 for a case of 30% now. Still not too shabby though! I just wish someone local would stock the stuff.....people around here are on the Powermaster train....and that's another great fuel too. Anything by VP has a good rep behind it ;-)

Nope....I was looking at the Helicopter fuel by mistake ;-) They are charging shipping now as well though. They had a deal going on for a LOONG time that included free shipping. Shipping adds $40 per case for me. Ick.

Yes it does. Brings the price to $38.50 per gallon for me here in NC. We've got a few places that carry it within 2 hours of here. Maybe I'll just drive when I need my next case ;-)

we pay $75 for a gallon of byron gen race in australia and they only ship a limited amount too

great fuel,i guess thats the price to pay for sweet running rig,had nothing but problems before that