Nitro R/C Truck or Buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love my revo, i was just bashing it yesterday in a forest running over roots taller than ur shoes and it did it with ease. i had atm no front wheel drive so yeh, it was crawling over it all with just RWD which i thought was pretty good. and yeh, decent power so it just wheel spins on dirt all through first and then when u hit 2nd it kicks out and bam off it goes again.

The Nitro Sport is a good nitro truck for beginners, IMO. Just remember to have fun. That's the name of the game.

savage,traxxas it dont matter your going to spend $$$$$,lol

The stampede that hes talking about is only 300 bucks. A savage would be way more than that.

The stampede that hes talking about is only 300 bucks. A savage would be way more than that.

Yes Wolf. The best price I've found thus for a RTR kit is from Tower Hobbies at $294.99 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRUS3**&P=ML

I called the few LHS in my state and the closest one (within an hour from me) has a nitro stampede RTR kit for $399.99 just a bit more of a $100 mark up :\

When I was in the hobby and running my nitro street car, I bought it from Tower as well as the majority of my spare parts and other parts. The only thing I would pick up from the LHS is fuel since there are some shipping restrictions and what not, and they offer gallon jugs as opposed to quart bottles.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:49 AM ----------

Not much worse. My cousin has a nitro stampede, and I am in no way impressed. Granite i started with a Revo 3.3. The engine on the stampede seems to be more unforgiving. The tuning is much more touchy due to the small size. If it were me I'd wait the extra time till i could afford the better product, i.e. the revo or the savage or something to that scale. I noticed you live in New England, so you wont be able to break the stampede in till late spring anyways due to the cold weather. You've got some time. It's hard to wait, I know, but you'd be further ahead if you did.

This winter up here in CT has been much warmer than last year. Today it's gonna hit 60 degrees (I happen to live on the shoreline). We only has one snow storm this year which happened last weekend. The average temp in CT on the shore line this winter has been in the high 40's. Some days we went on a 2 or 3 day streak with temps lower than 30 degrees during the day, but then the temps bounced back up to the high 40's....if anything is breaking its my sinuses from the changes in temp :hehe:

I was impressed from the video's I saw on you tube of people taking it out of the box and running it, or people showing clips of some jumping/bashing. Like I said, I also was reading up on reviews, discussions, blogs, etc and it does have it pros and cons, but overall a lot of folks said its a good entry level nitro MT and can stand up to bashing and is easy to work on and learn how to work on...something I need to pick up on after a 5-6 year absence from the hobby.

I would get a bigger/nicer model if I had the money and some more experience under my belt but here's my advice: DON'T GET MARRIED! :hehe: I kid, I love my fiancee, but weddings are expensive for this 26 year old full time worker and student...my income is going to wedding vendors and student loans/class materials and not towards my hobbies :angry: lol

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Its better than Something off brand

Yea, my first nitro RC street car I bought was a smart tec....talk about a POS...I spent more on replacing and upgrading the original parts than what I paid for the entire kit...should have just bought random parts and built my own contraption....shortly after I was able to afford a HPI nitro street car...this is like back in early 2001-02 when I was still in high school...before college and serious relationships :hehe:

Found another LHS not too far away from me today. They happen to be listed on Traxxas website as authorized dealer. They carry everything Traxxas and other brands. The owner told me his thoughts on the nitro Stampede and had his list of pros and cons, but had more pros than cons and thinks its a great truck brand new RTR kit for the money and for someone getting back into the hobby and getting a MT...he tried talk me into the more expensive models like the Revo, T-Maxx, even the Savage, and some MT's made my LOSI and team associated, but those where near the 700 to 900 buck range...the other cool thing is that he has parts stocked, or can get them next day and seems more than willing to look over anyone's RC and fix it if its beyond ones abilities for a small fee. Seems like a nice LHS and the guy was upfront with me about my thoughts on the Stampede and didn't try to sway me other wise. Now I'm really thinking about it...I can get it the next day from him if I call in the order and he matches all prices even from Tower Hobbies which I think is cool too.