nitro question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwasson

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
will switching from 20 percent nitro to the 30+ nitro make a big difference? and is it alot harder on the engine or harder to tune... I'm gettin ready to buy my second gallon and need to know....thanks in advance

If your going to swtich fuels your going to have to reset all your carb needles back to factory setting and retune everything. its not any harder then doing it the first time. I would recomend staying with what your already running though. When my bashing buddies switced thier nitro percentages, thier truck didnt seem to run as well as what they broke thier trucks in with.

much thanks I just want an easy power upgrade really... thought that would be the chheapest way

You will have to retune for the higher %, just remember tuning is more than just carb settings. Depending on what you're running, you may need a colder plug and/or add a shim(s) under the head.

The higher % will shorten overall engine life a little, but not drastically.

Well, the jump from 20 to 30 percent isn't going to give you the amount of power I think you are looking for.

thanks much for the info... whats the best bang for the buck power upgrade? sorry I got off topic