Nitro Duratrax and Nitro RC 10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G35driver

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

How come they both look so close? Who is copying who? If so, they should perform close enough to each other? What do you think?

Thanks.....

i can almost guarantee the duratrax is the copy. the rc10 has better quality plastics, metals, engines, and radios.

the RC10GT has been out since 1994 (according to Car Action). The first incarnation of the GT had a black tub and white nylon parts (simular to the RC10T). Since then, it has undergone a few refinements. Put the two side-by-side, and you wouldn't know they were the same truck (just different revisions).

The current revision of the GT has been on the market since 2000, if memory serves right. A full year before the Duratrax truck hit the market.

You are correct tho; the Duratrax does look like a carbon copy. However, I can almost 100% say that the Duratrax is made with lesser quality plastic.

Havin' driven both, the GT performs leaps-and-bounds better than the Duratrax, as the GT is the purebred (of sorts) racer. The Duratrax, on the other hand, is built more for the basher/entry level racer.

all stadium trucks are very similar
its just that TA got to it before every body else did
its hard to think of another way to set up a ST with out similaritys between trucks
beason said:
i can almost guarantee the duratrax is the copy. the rc10 has better quality plastics, metals, engines, and radios.
would not say everything in the Evader is crap
stock radio is a nice futaba great starter radio
plastics are of good quailty u dont see TA garunteeing its parts wont break
though the engine is more relible in the rc10gt and the pitch used one the gears is way better that the evader
both cars i can garrentee use t4(i think ) aircraft aluminium
try not to be ignorent with your post its better to help some one out when impartical

HeartBreak said:
You are correct tho; the Duratrax does look like a carbon copy. However, I can almost 100% say that the Duratrax is made with lesser quality plastic.

Havin' driven both, the GT performs leaps-and-bounds better than the Duratrax, as the GT is the purebred (of sorts) racer. The Duratrax, on the other hand, is built more for the basher/entry level racer.

evader is not an entry level car i had a rc10gt and sold it because i liked my duratrax more
both are high caliber trucks in my opinion i belive its more personal prefrence
as for plastics they hold up pretty well and the hole free parts thing is great
but now with the CF parts out now I'm going to that and aluminum