New WPL C14 crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toyotacrawler92

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I know what some people will say. There are probably better crawlers out there, but I really like the WPLs. They’re pretty awesome for the price! Like them so much I’ve added a third despite my girlfriend warning me not to lol. If anyone has cool mod ideas for the c14. Let me know!
IMG_0479.jpeg

I know what some people will say. There are probably better crawlers out there, but I really like the WPLs. They’re pretty awesome for the price! Like them so much I’ve added a third despite my girlfriend warning me not to lol. If anyone has cool mod ideas for the c14. Let me know!
View attachment 185530
The WPL trucks were something I was into for a bit, until everything I tried to do to make them better nearly drove me insane. This truck has been in a box for about 6 or 7 years.
20210827_073220.jpg

20230217_140221.jpg

20210827_071825.jpg

20210902_115805.jpg
20210902_115834.jpg

They aren't bad little trucks for the money. Mine, I just put so many mods on it it's not even a WPL truck anymore except for the body. The axles are from an MN D90. That required MN link mounts and links. Nothing worked right. Every mod required something else. I have never got it running. It was built for more of a shelf queen anyway. I just liked the body.

I'm not a big on their D-series, but their crawlers are okay (just don't fall for the youtube hype). I only own a Jimny and an MN78.

Generally I only throw metal driveshafts into mine, the metal axles look nice but I'm not really a fan of messing with the mesh every so often.

20240320_162828.jpg

Last edited:
The WPL trucks were something I was into for a bit, until everything I tried to do to make them better nearly drove me insane. This truck has been in a box for about 6 or 7 years.
View attachment 185531
View attachment 185535
View attachment 185532
View attachment 185533View attachment 185534
Oh but that looks so good! What tires are those? I’m looking to upgrade the tires on my c34. I upgraded the shocks and links on my c24 but it really messed up the ride and handling so I put everything stock again, only leaving the metal drive shafts.

They are RC4WD Rock Crushers, and meant to be used with lego kits.
What!?!?!?!? They make aftermarket tires for Lego stuff!?!?!?! My dad has a bunch of the old power module stuff to turn them into RC cars. We even had a Lego rock crawler at one point but I decided to take it apart and loose the parts and instruction manuals. I’m gonna try and find some online. I’ll also find the name of the truck.

Back