New truck #2, SCX24 Deadbolt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Axles came today! Got the guts swapped into the new housings and the assembled axles back in the truck.

The only problem is that the stock knuckles don’t really work with the Treal axle. If you tighten the bolts the knuckles don’t turn, and if you leave the screws loose enough that the knuckles turn freely the screws back out. My solution is to order brass knuckles…

Axles came today! Got the guts swapped into the new housings and the assembled axles back in the truck.

The only problem is that the stock knuckles don’t really work with the Treal axle. If you tighten the bolts the knuckles don’t turn, and if you leave the screws loose enough that the knuckles turn freely the screws back out. My solution is to order brass knuckles…

Brass knuckles are illegal here in California. 🤣

Well that escalated quickly! (Haha)

I didn’t even think of “brass knuckles” when I typed it… lol

I can’t really drive it now, so I’m excited to see how it drives with the new axles, and the extra weight of the knuckles… hopefully Amazon doesn’t have as much trouble delivering the knuckles as they did with the axles…

I’m also thinking ahead to future mods… I think the weak link now is the motor. The stock motor has done ok so far, but I wonder how long it will last with all the extra weight. I’m really thinking about saving up for a brushless setup next… I was able to run another guy’s rig that had a Furitek Komodo in it and Wow!! Not cheap but man what a difference!!

The Komodo is worth saving for. :thumbs-up:
I’ve seen plenty of YouTube videos on scx24 brushless motors, but you always wonder “is it really as good as they say?”

Then I drove a Furitek equipped rig for myself… one of the guys had one at the new meet at the hobby shop and he put the transmitter in my hand and said “give it a try” Wow! night and day difference! The throttle response/crawl was incredible! Yeah, definitely as good as they say!!

I’ve seen plenty of YouTube videos on scx24 brushless motors, but you always wonder “is it really as good as they say?”

Then I drove a Furitek equipped rig for myself… one of the guys had one at the new meet at the hobby shop and he put the transmitter in my hand and said “give it a try” Wow! night and day difference! The throttle response/crawl was incredible! Yeah, definitely as good as they say!!

I was amazed myself when I finally got mine. Gets rid of all the jerky motions.

Gonna comp this truck on Friday! Super excited! I think I’m going to run in class 2 mostly because I don’t want to put a front bumper on it for class 1… I did put the deadbolt body back on for the comp, the F150 body doesn’t quite meet spec because of how aggressively I’ve trimmed it, and I don’t think the truck would be competitive in class 3…

Had fun tonight! Was the first comp for the group, so it was more of an experiment than an actual competition, but it went well! I didn’t break my truck and I had fun so I’m calling it a win in my book…

Had fun tonight! Was the first comp for the group, so it was more of an experiment than an actual competition, but it went well! I didn’t break my truck and I had fun so I’m calling it a win in my book…

Glad it was a good time. :thumbs-up: