New truck #2, SCX24 Deadbolt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww, I was hoping you had cut the hood off, put some big eyes in the front windshield and a tow hook in the back.
1693866219577.jpeg

Just a quick update: went with a hardware kit from RampCrab. Came with a bunch of different hardware, a bunch of body clips, some axle bearings, two nice hex drivers (.050 and 1.5mm) and a 4mm nut driver for the wheel nuts. I’m very satisfied with the quality of the hardware and the tools!

Finally put in a parts order for this truck… got the treal wheels pictured earlier in the thread, along with an emax servo and some treal steering links…

IMG_4615.jpeg

Stuff was delivered! Ended up getting some Injora swamp claws too… was planning on using the stock Coopers from my FCX24 Blazer, but they didn’t fit these wheels.

Had to trim the mounting ears a bit on the servo to clear the frame, and I have to figure out how I’m going to deal with the extra super long wires on it, but it definitely made a big difference in the steering!

So… update:

I completely love how this truck looks…

But I don’t want to drive it because I’m afraid of breaking it. And it’s not supposed to be a static model. I want to drive it, and maybe enter it in competitions (if I can find some nearby).

So I’ve ordered a poly body that is obviously based on a 70’s F150 from Injora and a couple cans of poly paint for a gunmetal gray/white two tone paint job. I think that should look great with the red rims and suspension parts…

I am keeping the Mack body around, it’s designed to be a “no modification needed” fit, so it will bolt right up to this chassis or onto another deadbolt chassis (oh great, now I’m thinking of picking up another one of these things)…

I also ordered a set of high clearance 4 links…

Edit: also… white letter tires!
IMG_4670.jpeg

Last edited:
So… update:

I completely love how this truck looks…

But I don’t want to drive it because I’m afraid of breaking it. And it’s not supposed to be a static model. I want to drive it, and maybe enter it in competitions (if I can find some nearby).

So I’ve ordered a poly body that is obviously based on a 70’s F150 from Injora and a couple cans of poly paint for a gunmetal gray/white two tone paint job. I think that should look great with the red rims and suspension parts…

I am keeping the Mack body around, it’s designed to be a “no modification needed” fit, so it will bolt right up to this chassis or onto another deadbolt chassis (oh great, now I’m thinking of picking up another one of these things)…

I also ordered a set of high clearance 4 links…

Edit: also… white letter tires!
View attachment 173671

I ended up getting another, and another, and another, when I had that problem. 🤣

IMG_4860.jpeg

Finally got a chance to give the truck a good shake-down… found out there’s a group that meets at a hobby shop about 45 minutes away on Tuesday nights…

The only issue I had was tire rub. I had to crank the preload all the way up on the front shocks to keep it from binding on turns. I’m gonna have to do some trimming… otherwise it ran great!!

View attachment 177344
Finally got a chance to give the truck a good shake-down… found out there’s a group that meets at a hobby shop about 45 minutes away on Tuesday nights…

The only issue I had was tire rub. I had to crank the preload all the way up on the front shocks to keep it from binding on turns. I’m gonna have to do some trimming… otherwise it ran great!!

My truck body got a slight fender trim too. I think it's almost a "gotta do" for beefier tires.

Trimming done!
IMG_4866.jpeg

Took off the fender flares and the bumpers. Should have plenty of clearance, a better departure angle on the rear, and I really like how it looks!