New to the rc world

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpion

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just picked up a savage with xtm pro. This vechile was owned by somebody that did not know how to run it and I was just wondering, because I am also new to this sport that can anybody give me a hand in tuning this beast.

when I bought it the person owned it before did not know how to tune it. So because I am new to this sport, I need to know what the factory resets for lsn, hsn, and idle. But also can anyone give me a hand on how to tune this engine. "XTM 24.7 PRO"

what is the best way to tune this motor
thanks

well have you tried google and tried searching for the manural for the engine? I have neva owned that engine before so i can't help you, sry

To save you the trouble, hobbypeople.net carries XTM engines. I took a look there and they have a pretty good website. So good in fact, that I found the link to the manual for your engine: XTM 24.7 PRO REAR EXHAUST BUGGY ENGINE WITH TWIN-NEEDLE SLIDE CARBURETOR

Just right click and save as... it's an adobe document. You need acrobat reader to open it.

I copied the pertinant needle setting instructions from the manual for you. Depending on how much you know about nitro, these are probably the break in settings, so they will be rich. But it gives you a starting point:

High Speed Needle Valve

The high speed needle valve is used to meter the air/fuel mixture at
full throttle. Using a flat blade screwdriver, turn the needle clockwise
to lean the mixture or turn the needle counter-clockwise to richen
the mixture. When you start the engine for the very first time, the
needle valve should be turned in completely, then backed out 3 turns.
When you start the engine after that, leave the needle valve in the
same position it was in when you shut down the engine.

Low Speed Needle Valve

The low speed needle valve meters the air/fuel mixture at idle and
during transition from idle to full throttle. Turn the low speed needle
clockwise to lean the mixture. Turn it counter-clockwise to richen
the mixture. The low speed needle valve is preset from the factory,
but minor adjustments may need to be made to suit your application:
fuel used, glow plug and environment all contribute to the setting.
To reset the low speed needle valve to the factory setting, follow
these simple steps:
1) Open the carburetor barrel completely.
2) While holding the barrel open with your finger, use a flat blade
screwdriver to turn the idle mixture needle clockwise until it stops.
From this point, turn the needle counter-clockwise 8 turns. This is
the factory setting.

IDLE Stop Screw (you may want to look at the download for this one, since it has a picture):

Please first familiarize yourself with the location of the idle stop screw using the photo of the carburetor on page # 1. The idle stop screw adjusts the closure of the throttle barrel. We recommend that the idle stop screw be adjusted so that the carburetor barrel stays open about 1mm. Turning the screw clockwise will cause the barrel to stay open more. Turning the screw counterclockwise will allow the barrel to close more.

thanks everyone for the help hopefully I can get the savage up and roaring

got the beast up and running and its runs like a beast with the xtm pro motor. Thanks for the help everyone its people like you that help out newbies like me to love the sport even more. I can't wait know to get another vechile. I was thinking about a stadium truck what kind of truck do you guys think I should get, I was thinking about that new lighting stadium truck.

scorpion said:
I was thinking about a stadium truck what kind of truck do you guys think I should get, I was thinking about that new lighting stadium truck.
I would get something light and 2WD for a change :D

But try asking at the stadium truck forum anyways. The HB Lightning Stadium looks like it can be converted into a 1/8 buggy and vice versa, which is good in case you want to go racing with it. I wonder if it shares more identical parts than just diff gears with the Savage...

Back