New School Prayer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by bmoc2008
aight say any religion is like being drug free aight your whole school smokes meaning a different religion and does drugs you dont have to do drugs to fit in you can choose not to.
you have three options you can start to do drugs(convert to that religion), move to a different school that is not like that school, or just be the way you are and take it like a man

Okay, that's fine, you don't have to do the drugs (convert to that religion) but you think back to when you were in kindergarten, you looked up to your teacher. If your teacher, was doing drug too, and you had the option to do it also, with no one telling you no, you would do it.

well the found the dead see scrolls thats gotta tell you sometthing and if so many people believe in this dont you think that these event were true people where there when the found this stuff and the found Jesus brothers coffin it had enscrypted on it james brother of Jesus and it was no one put their brothers name on a coffin so when they put this it proves Jesus was true and they have found many things to prove the exsistance of things in the bible

Originally posted by error401

Nor has it been conclusively disproven. So, what's your point?

Tell me which one is easier to prove, the events in the bible happened, or they didn't happen. Scientists can easily prove most didn't happen, logically it didn't, but since the masses (in the USA) believe it did happen, it must have. Even though no one has proven it

lol - you dont have a problem with God Kwong - you have a problem with Christianity.

Its all clear.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
lol - you dont have a problem with God Kwong - you have a problem with Christianity.

Its all clear.

And you just got owned

Originally posted by kwong2001

Tell me which one is easier to prove, the events in the bible happened, or they didn't happen. Scientists can easily prove most didn't happen, logically it didn't, but since the masses (in the USA) believe it did happen, it must have. Even though no one has proven it

Oh, you mean like the great flood, and poof there's adam? Not really. Can I prove you exist? I know there's some electronic data that suggests that you do. But until I meet you, you may be real, maybe not. I don't thump the Bible and cite chapter and verse, but I do believe in the principles outlined in it. Hell, I might even say the same about the koran or other religious texts. strip away the language, and what you have is basically the same.

Oh, you mean like the great flood, and poof there's adam? Not really. Can I prove you exist? I know there's some electronic data that suggests that you do. But until I meet you, you may be real, maybe not. I don't thump the Bible and cite chapter and verse, but I do believe in the principles outlined in it. Hell, I might even say the same about the koran or other religious texts. strip away the language, and what you have is basically the same.

EXACTLY, you can't prove it exists, sure it has good moral values, as does my dad, but why would you insist on bringing God into the schools? Instead of just teaching good moral values?

The lack of any religion is atheism. That's my point. You stated the example of a kindergardner looking up to their teacher and converting to their religion. That's exactly the point.

Same scenerio, but without any religion.

Small child: Why don't we pray? (to the teacher)
Teacher: Becuase the government says that there's no God (at all)
Child: Ok,

Later at home at the dinner table:

Parent: Time to say grace (whatever religion they are of)
Child: Why, God doesn't exist.
Parent: Who told you that?
Child: My teacher told me so.

So, I still ask, what's your point.

The lack of any religion is atheism. That's my point. You stated the example of a kindergardner looking up to their teacher and converting to their religion. That's exactly the point.

Same scenerio, but without any religion.

Small child: Why don't we pray? (to the teacher)
Teacher: Becuase the government says that there's no God (at all)
Child: Ok,

Later at home at the dinner table:

Parent: Time to say grace (whatever religion they are of)
Child: Why, God doesn't exist.
Parent: Who told you that?
Child: My teacher told me so.

So, I still ask, what's your point.

If you are taught religion (emphasis on taught) by your parents, then it is different than if you weren't taught at all. I.E. you never really knew about god, or was aware but didn't believe.

You tell me who will be more influenced, a kid who was taught by his parents to pray or the one who hasn't. Little kids will do what they're told. If the teacher says, "okay children, bow your heads and pray" kids will. But i'll guarantee you, kids who were taught religion in school won't really notice they aren't praying in school. I don't recall one single child ever asking why don't we pray?

didn't nostradamus predict something like this?

Originally posted by imnotsure
didn't nostradamus predict something like this?

who what is nostradamus will someone fill me in

Originally posted by kwong2001
I'm not afraid of religion, but I guarantee you, you put someone in a situtation like who isn't religion, give him a month or so, and he'll be praying too, since all his friends, even his teachers are praying, now don't tell me that religion isn't infuencing him.

And that is a bad thing?!?!?!?

2 of my kids are Catholic, one is Born Again Non Denominational Christian. Neither my wife or I go to church. Yet, I am EXTREMELY happy to find my children taking interest in the bible and living by a good word. I dont hide my kids from it. I encourage them to believe in god.

So we can just agree to disagree.

He's some dude who many many many moons ago predicted a whole shitload of stuff, saying all this and that will happen. And a lot of it has come true.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

So we can just agree to disagree.

Deal

Gotta say too, this thread is going down in my personal history book. It has to be one of the most interesting in a LOOOONNNGGG time..I like friendly (or semi-friendly...lol) debates.

Last edited:
Whatever, South Park is on.

lol me too man show harr harr harr huh or how does it go its been awhile sinse i have seen it

Commercial break.

What I want to know is where the hell is RobH during all this? I'm getting tired of guys starting threads, stirring up a nest of bees, and disappearing.

Back