New School Prayer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris: Word.

I guess you have a different perspective on the school ting Chris, I don't have kids, so I don't see everything. If all that you said is true (and I trust ya on it) things have gotten pretty bad.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Kwong - get your head out of your ass and re-read my post. Thats not what I said nor is it what I even elluded to. Schools allow all other religions to be accommodated. But not anything that is Christian based. That pisses me off. Yeah, it does. I'm all for ALL religions. To an extent! My example of to an extent is when an Islamic radical wants to wear his Machette on his side because its a part of their beliefs. Uh, no, no machettes in school. Thanks! But say your prayers, bring your mat to pray on, leave in the middle of class, face mecca, wear your turbine, and get a private room to do it all. But my kids can't say grace? Bullshit.

And where did I ever say Christians only want Christianity in school? Nowhere. But this country was founded on God, not Allah, not Buddah. So the pledge is one nation under God, not Allah! And well, if Allah is your God, then HEY! It works for you!

Just as I dont believe in Radical islamists, I dont believe in Radical Christians who use the word of their God to spread terroristic activities in their God's name. But what does that have to do with a prayer at school? Jack nothing!

Who has to show what the punishment of not following the 10 commandments are? Why dont you just look at the good that comes out of them if you were to follow them. Its called goal-setting. Unless of coarse you choose to not follow any of them. And hey, if that be you, I dont want you as my neighbor. Thanks!

Throw the whole constitution out the window? Throw god out of everything and you will.

Well how about this, you define how you would have god in the schools while accomodating other religions just the same and also accomodating those who have no religion.

It's bullshit to have religion in school. You can't satisfy everyone, so why have it in there and make things more complicated.

And for those who think christianity will save all, I know people who went to church everyday their whole life, they turned out rotte, smoking weed everyday, doing this doing that, it doesn't solve all problems.

The reason why kids are failing in school today is because the standards for education are getting lower and lower, they won't kick out the kids who fail, but instead keep them in until they pass them, letting them bring down the other kids who have a chance in succeeding.

The moral fabric is going to hell in a handbasket. Secularism is moving in. Little house on the prairie probably only gets aired on a christianity channel now. Yet if people tried to live by those morals, the world would just plain be a better place.

Remove morals, remove the ability for a parent to discipline a child, remove ethics and what do you have?

poop!

This isnt a Chistianity battle, its a morals battle. Thats my 2 cents.

Originally posted by kwong2001
I don't have a problem with that, but for the people who don't believe in God, don't force them or subject them to your religion. And yes, when you have a time to pray in public school, you ARE forcing religion on people.

Originally posted by error401
If those kids don't have or want a diety to worship to, fine, they can just STFU and take a friggin nap in those few minutes.

I hate repeating myself.

If it's such a moral issue such as having the 10 commandment in school, why didn't the people who were for it just rewrite the commandments in such a way that it leaves God out of it, yet still keep the true message there. They didn't want to, they wanted God in there, hmmm, makes you wonder.

Kwong - have what you will man - its all good. But I assure you this, remove god from everything and society will go to poop. Oh, and close the church next door because the bells offend you and the cross on top burns your eyes!

And no more South Park.

Holy :spam. Less than 200 to go now.

I'm sorry kwong but why would when majority of people in the united states are christian why is it the only religion that isnt allowed in schools? all the other religions are pissed off because of christianity. we believe in good things if we would have been like you we would have kicked your religion out of schools but instead your religion stays in school because we are good people altough this is not fair to say 50 million children not to have 2 minutes to pray to their God and thank them for what they have and ask for help

All good religion is just plain common sense and decency, untill are race evolves to the point where we have these traits as basic instincs, religion is necesary. It helps set guidelines to follow.

I never said remove God from everything. I just wouldn't want my kids (if I ever have them) or myself goto a public school, where I (or the parent) pays for, and have MY kid have a certain religion pushed on them.

Basically, since you can satisfy everyone, keep it out of schools

I feel like I have meen doing freaking bible study in my english 3 class. Everything in early american literature is God based it seems and we were pretty much doing quotes from the bible and stuff about god dangling us over hell er something.. Anyone wanna fire my teacher?

That's fine if you want to pray, there's a place for everything, why do you think there's churches, so you can pray! Oh yeah, you can run around your house naked, so why don't you just pray while you're at it, there's nothing wrong with that.

But when you're pushing religion on other kids, some who haven't made up their mind as to what or who they believe in, then you're going for the masses. That's wrong.

(edit: isn't this thread a de ja vu from the car thread when I joined?)

You are WEAK! Saying the Pledge with GOD in it doesn't push a religion. Though you think it does. People praying around you doesn't push a religion but you think it does.

Thats the problem - you are afraid of it. Its doesn't offend you, it scares the poop out of you.

Why didnt you just say that in the first place.

I'm not afraid of religion, but I guarantee you, you put someone in a situtation like who isn't religion, give him a month or so, and he'll be praying too, since all his friends, even his teachers are praying, now don't tell me that religion isn't infuencing him.

I just wouldn't want my kids (if I ever have them) or myself goto a public school, where I (or the parent) pays for, and have MY kid have a certain religion pushed on them.

Dude, public is the key word, and you would be paying just as much as everyone else would be. Does your dollar count more than someone elses? Does anyones opinion or faith count more than anyones elses? Tell us why the opinions of the few outwiegh the opinions of the many? Should we all have little zombies in school, who by the absense of some small measure, themselves begin to doubt the existance of a deity? In essence becomming athiests. Noone FORCES religion in that time alloted, but being denyied is in effect being FORCED to have an absence of choice. A choice of praying to the Christian GOD, or the Islamic Allah (which BTW is the same as the Christian GOD), or the Jewish god, or Buddah, or Jim Jones or whoever or whatever. No one religion should be denied.

This will not be read, it's just an opinion on :spam. Go post count go. 175 to go.

aight say any religion is like being drug free aight your whole school smokes meaning a different religion and does drugs you dont have to do drugs to fit in you can choose not to.
you have three options you can start to do drugs(convert to that religion), move to a different school that is not like that school, or just be the way you are and take it like a man

I'm not afraid of religion, but I guarantee you, you put someone in a situtation like who isn't religion, give him a month or so, and he'll be praying too, since all his friends, even his teachers are praying, now don't tell me that religion isn't infuencing him.

Sounds alot like he's describing the Hitler Youth syndrome.

I am not saying that by not having religion in school that everyone will become atheist and this and that, people can do whatever the hell they want outside of school, but they shouldn't have it in school. If you have a million places to pray, why do you want one more?

May I remind you too that it has never been proven that God or any of the events within the bible EVER happened. That's why they call it faith. Why should we teach, or push something onto children in school that isn't true or has yet to be proven?

lol i have to agree with christian and error they make very good points and you should listen hes right no religion should be denied and no ones money for school is better than somone elses

Originally posted by bmoc2008
aight say any religion is like being drug free aight your whole school smokes meaning a different religion and does drugs you dont have to do drugs to fit in you can choose not to.
you have three options you can start to do drugs(convert to that religion), move to a different school that is not like that school, or just be the way you are and take it like a man

Yeah, first you start out toking a little pinch of moses, then the next thing you know, you're mainlining jehova and waking up with hookers whos name is candy and you're wearing some kind of miniskirt and a clown wig while the monkey is playing with the TV remote.

DON'T DO IT MAN!!!!!

May I remind you too that it has never been proven that God or any of the events within the bible EVER happened. That's why they call it faith. Why should we teach, or push something onto children in school that isn't true or has yet to be proven?

Nor has it been conclusively disproven. So, what's your point?

Back