New School Prayer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I donno if I'd call myself a relgious nut or even religious these day. I did find the following little ditty pretty interesting. Some took a lot of time to write it and it's entertaining anyway.

enjoy:

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.
If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen

-Rob

That's not funny, or interesting, (hate to flame) but it's a bunch of bullshit

Last edited:
There's more truth in that, Rob, than a lot of people would like to admit!

See Rob - you do need guns. To shoot the idiots that made it that way!

When they took god out of the schools, that's when the devil walked in

If we should have one christian prayer in school, we should have every prayer from every religion in schools. It's only right

What about the people who aren't christian? Have you ever honestly thought about how it makes a person without religion feel when he hears about god as if he's a person. I can tel lyou for one, i'm not christian, wasn't brought up as a christian, have probably said 3 prayers my whole life, went to church maybe twice. When I go see my grandparents, who are pretty religious, even saying a prayer before sunday dinner (a tradition, the dinner part) makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

It's called faith, that mean you believe in something, not reality. There's no proof go exists.

Personally, I dont want to hear someone bitch about their religion in school, or teach it forcing a child to listen to their views on religion. The poem makes it sound like school is horrible because they dont teach religion. And like Kwong said, if a kid believes in a different religion, why should he have to listen to someone talk about their religion which may offend the kid. I think religion should stay in church and out of school, hands down.If I had to choose between a regular school without religion between 1 that does teach. It would be without religion without a flinch. Just my opinon..

Last edited:
Yeah ok fine, then make sure you keep giving all the OTHER religions their respective days off that they observe, and keep on providing a room for the Islamics to pray in, BUT, dont allow someone of Christian faith to say a prayer.

Its a double standard.

I have nothing against ANY religion that believes in a god and is founded on GOOD principles. If you could tell me of one negative thing about the Christian Religion and how it hurts someone then Id be all ears. But you can't.

Like the deal with the 10 commandments. Is there something BAD about the 10 commandments? Is there someone that can honestly say that by living by them you would be BAD?

It just amazes me that a country that imprints 'In God We Trust' on their currency would even allow someone to remove GOD from a school, or the pledge, or someone saying a prayer over a meal in the caffeteria. All because someone is offended?!?!?! Give me a break!

God isnt just the Christian God, its every religions God! And for numbers sake, the God believing people WAYYYYYYYYYYYY outnumber the NON-God believing people. Seems to me the majority should have the say.

And I take no religion personally as a choice. I am as independent with God as I am with politics. Its not the religion I believe in but my God is what I believe in. Just an my political views are what I believe in. Not republican views, not democratic views, MY views!

So just go on an keep wearing that Nazi, Satanic, Straight From Hell Anarchist embroidered jean jacket. Why? Because you can. And it doesn't matter if anyone is offended. Say a prayer before a football game? Nope, can't do it, someone is offended.

Please........ Double standard at its finest!

Originally posted by tothemaxxinnv
When they took god out of the schools, that's when the devil walked in

Tru dat, but I think it was the removal of asswhoopins that did the most harm. God is an abstract to most kids, whoopins are much more tangible.

Even God would back a good ass whoopin!

The worst whoopin I ever got was dished out by a pregnant science teacher.

Christian I like what I hear from you I think removing god from schools was a horrbile thing it was what our country and forefathers were based on in God we trust. they did not put that there to be decoration but to state that our nation was founded under god. I pleage allegiance to the flag of the united states of america and to the republic for which it stands one nation UNDER GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all..

If u live in america i can agree you can do what ever you want. but if you live by the commandments too you turn out a great person and thats what our country needs. without god our great country wouldnt be the same so i think those people who removed prayers from schools are being very satanic to elimidate what should be. GOD is how are country started and God should be included in our country.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Even God would back a good ass whoopin!

God has given many an ass woopin!

EB

Yeah ok fine, then make sure you keep giving all the OTHER religions their respective days off that they observe, and keep on providing a room for the Islamics to pray in, BUT, dont allow someone of Christian faith to say a prayer.

I'm not against having christianity in school, that fine, but also have every religion in school also. Never said we should have every religion but christianity

Its a double standard.

yup, it is, christians want their religion in school and nothing else

I have nothing against ANY religion that believes in a god and is founded on GOOD principles. If you could tell me of one negative thing about the Christian Religion and how it hurts someone then Id be all ears. But you can't.

people who bomb abortion clinics because the bible says abortion is wrong.

Like the deal with the 10 commandments. Is there something BAD about the 10 commandments? Is there someone that can honestly say that by living by them you would be BAD?

if you're going to have the 10 commandments, have it in it's entirety, showing the punishment for violating it

It just amazes me that a country that imprints 'In God We Trust' on their currency would even allow someone to remove GOD from a school, or the pledge, or someone saying a prayer over a meal in the caffeteria. All because someone is offended?!?!?! Give me a break!

God isnt just the Christian God, its every religions God! And for numbers sake, the God believing people WAYYYYYYYYYYYY outnumber the NON-God believing people. Seems to me the majority should have the say.

well poop, why don't we just throw the whole constitution out the window

And I take no religion personally as a choice. I am as independent with God as I am with politics. Its not the religion I believe in but my God is what I believe in. Just an my political views are what I believe in. Not republican views, not democratic views, MY views!

So just go on an keep wearing that Nazi, Satanic, Straight From Hell Anarchist embroidered jean jacket. Why? Because you can. And it doesn't matter if anyone is offended. Say a prayer before a football game? Nope, can't do it, someone is offended.

Please........ Double standard at its finest!

I think your response speaks for itself.

Originally posted by bmoc2008
Christian I like what I hear from you I think removing god from schools was a horrbile thing it was what our country and forefathers were based on in God we trust. they did not put that there to be decoration but to state that our nation was founded under god. I pleage allegiance to the flag of the united states of america and to the republic for which it stands one nation UNDER GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all..

If u live in america i can agree you can do what ever you want. but if you live by the commandments too you turn out a great person and thats what our country needs. without god our great country wouldnt be the same so i think those people who removed prayers from schools are being very satanic to elimidate what should be. GOD is how are country started and God should be included in our country.

dam bmoc that is the first post i think you ever posted that was not spam.i'm with you on that one

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
I think your response speaks for itself.

As I do yours, you just want christianity in school, who cares about everyone else

Kwong, dude, I belive in God. But I never said I was a devout Christian. One nation inder God, yes. Christian god? I don't see it implied or stated. I think it's unfortunate that some elements in this country want to remove any and all referance to anyones faith. A moment of silence for prayer to ones God, yes, I believe in that. But to deny all children that minute or two for their faith is wrong. This would apply to the teachers and staff also. This all started because of one or two atheist parents getting offended that their children were being exposed to "religion" and that was just wrong, because of a loophole in the constitution prohibiting the mixing of church and state. I guess the needs of the few are gonna outweigh the needs of the many. If those kids don't have or want a diety to worship to, fine, they can just STFU and take a friggin nap in those few minutes.

I know some religions have cerimonies for prayer at certain times I have known Islamic people, and we respected each others beliefs, and I have known Jewish friends. Everyone has their own belief, and should have the right to utter some words to their God anytime they wish.

Mark my words, if things are not dealt with, there will be a day when folks will be in trouble for uttering God in a public place, and shot immediately if it's on local, state or federal property.

If we can't trust in (our individual held) God, who the hell can we trust in?

Whitt....

Kwong - get your head out of your ass and re-read my post. Thats not what I said nor is it what I even elluded to. Schools allow all other religions to be accommodated. But not anything that is Christian based. That pisses me off. Yeah, it does. I'm all for ALL religions. To an extent! My example of to an extent is when an Islamic radical wants to wear his Machette on his side because its a part of their beliefs. Uh, no, no machettes in school. Thanks! But say your prayers, bring your mat to pray on, leave in the middle of class, face mecca, wear your turbine, and get a private room to do it all. But my kids can't say grace? Bullshit.

And where did I ever say Christians only want Christianity in school? Nowhere. But this country was founded on God, not Allah, not Buddah. So the pledge is one nation under God, not Allah! And well, if Allah is your God, then HEY! It works for you!

Just as I dont believe in Radical islamists, I dont believe in Radical Christians who use the word of their God to spread terroristic activities in their God's name. But what does that have to do with a prayer at school? Jack nothing!

Who has to show what the punishment of not following the 10 commandments are? Why dont you just look at the good that comes out of them if you were to follow them. Its called goal-setting. Unless of coarse you choose to not follow any of them. And hey, if that be you, I dont want you as my neighbor. Thanks!

Throw the whole constitution out the window? Throw god out of everything and you will.

Well put yourself in a situation where 99% of all your peers and the people you look up to are down on their knees praying to alah (how do you spell that?)...and tell me you won't feel very, very uncomfortable in that situation, especially since you neither understand, nor were raised to do that.

I don't think religion is the devil, nor do I think people shouldn't be religious, I just think there's a place for it. If you want to have your kids be taught religion in schools, that's fine, I don't have a problem with that, but for the people who don't believe in God, don't force them or subject them to your religion. And yes, when you have a time to pray in public school, you ARE forcing religion on people.

Oh, and I have no problem if someone prays privately to themselve in school before they eat their lunch or whatever, but when you get the whole school doing it, it's a different matter.

Back