New School Prayer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wondered to where he went robh u there:whack:

Taking God out of the schools, in my opinion, was not a good move. As pointed out previously, "In God We Trust " is printed on US money, ....so help you God", at the end of the oath, the swearing in, in court, so, where's the separation? Seems rather selective to me.

Removing religion from the schools, etc., so it doesn't offend other religions? Or non-believers? This country was not founded on "Allah"(!!), and if these people who believe in "Allah", feel offended by "GOD", then, get the hell out this country and go back to where you came from! If I were to go to their country, I might feel offended by their "Allah", but, it's NOT my country! If I choose to reside there, then ,I also, choose to accept their ways & traditions! When I was in school, (I'm 55), religion was NOT pushed on anyone, tho, we did recite the Lord's Prayer, (Catholic version was a little different at the end); when my kids went to school, religion was NOT pushed on anyone!

I have never heard of any public school pushing religion or Christianity off on anyone! If anyone ever "pushed" religion in a public school, it was their own doing and not the school's. In my opinion, it was a tradition, and nothing more.

Originally posted by error401
Commercial break.

What I want to know is where the hell is RobH during all this? I'm getting tired of guys starting threads, stirring up a nest of bees, and disappearing.

I think he's with wendyh...lol

Hey Rob, 63 posts and no input from the thread starter. Hmm, is a "BITE ME" warrnted here or not?

Not to just completely turn this around again but I feel like sharing. :hehe:

When it comes to governmental matters there should be no bias towards ANY religion. I think it is absolute bullshit that our money is stamped with the "in GOD we trust" religious babble. I think its constitutional heracy to swear on a bible in court. The fact that most courts still use the phrase "so help you GOD" is rediculous.

The people who helped found this country were looking for both political and religous freedom. They were tired of being told that this is the way it is and whether you like it or not you will have to participate. They felt that every human should be free to act of their own free will. If you read through the many documents that helped form this country there is no mention of GOD or religion except to say that it should be seperate from government.

Removing religion from government does not mean that government is claiming there is no GOD. It means that whether there is a god or not it should not interfere nor be included in government. Setting aside Prayer time, reciting prayers, quoting from religous texts for the purpose of cohersion in school or in any other government sponsored setting should all be big no no's.

The government should stay impartial in every way shape and form when it comes to religion. Dont deny anyone but dont promote any religion either.

Religion was borne to help keep the masses in line and give them some reason for life and a moral code to live by. It is human nature to ask WHY and HOW. So when you have no idea WHY something is, you make things up to help you try to understand. When you were a kid and you saw a glowing flying insect buzz around at nighttime you probably called it a lightning bug or a firefly. Why? Because you know that when lightning strikes at night it lights the sky. You know that fire produces light to see by. So if there is something else that produces light at night it may just be because of lightning or fire as well. Sounded perfectly reasonable to you back then and most of your little friends probably thought the same thing so why not beleive that YES it is because of fire and lightning that this insect glows. Thats what religion is. Its a simple explanation of how and why to help simpletons to understand the world. Throught the millenia it has grown to be more then just an explaination but a way of life as well.

I do agree that life without guidelines is a receipe for disaster (thats what laws are for). I do agree that having a faith in a higher power helps many through tough times and helps some understand life (for thos who can't stand on their own two feet). My personal opinion is that "religion" is for the weak, the feable minded, the sheep of the world. Now, please read that line again...."religion" is for the weak. That statement does not mean that beleiving in GOD is bad thing. (and by the way, yes GOD and ALLAH mean the same thing. Mohammad, Jesus, Jehova, and Shiva, are NOT the same people but all preached the word of their GOD) It means that if you dont know who you are and can't live by your own beliefs and need to have someone/something tell you how to live your life then you are:
Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
WEak! No will power! Prone!

Now where are those girls jumping on tramponiles....I need my fix...no wait...I'll just check out the Babe Thread.

Last edited:
Originally posted by RC Jack
Taking God out of the schools, in my opinion, was not a good move. As pointed out previously, "In God We Trust " is printed on US money, ....so help you God", at the end of the oath, the swearing in, in court, so, where's the separation? Seems rather selective to me.

Removing religion from the schools, etc., so it doesn't offend other religions? Or non-believers? This country was not founded on "Allah"(!!), and if these people who believe in "Allah", feel offended by "GOD", then, get the hell out this country and go back to where you came from! If I were to go to their country, I might feel offended by their "Allah", but, it's NOT my country! If I choose to reside there, then ,I also, choose to accept their ways & traditions! When I was in school, (I'm 55), religion was NOT pushed on anyone, tho, we did recite the Lord's Prayer, (Catholic version was a little different at the end); when my kids went to school, religion was NOT pushed on anyone!

I have never heard of any public school pushing religion or Christianity off on anyone! If anyone ever "pushed" religion in a public school, it was their own doing and not the school's. In my opinion, it was a tradition, and nothing more.

I could not have said this better myself.

Peace,
EB

One thing to think about is that our founding fathers founded our country, they were the ones who established our country as a country. They made the basic government but didn't work the fine details. That was done over a period of at least a couple hundred years.

They didn't establish our currency, that was established way later. Someone else who had no relation to founding our country made the first currency. Not the founding fathers.

And just so all you know, the whole, "under god" part of the flag salute wasn't in there originally, it was added in.

Personally, I think the founding fathers did want to have a true separation between church and state, yet certain people out there didn't, and put certain things in that violate the true intentions.

Originally posted by error401
Hey Rob, 63 posts and no input from the thread starter. Hmm, is a "BITE ME" warrnted here or not?

LOL I just barely looked at the thread. I'm not even going to read the 66 posts.

I posted this for pure entertainment. I'm not trying to make a statement. Interesting, thought-provoking peom -- that's it.

-Rob

Kind of like a runaway train. NP Rob, good save.

I am not going to get into this in great detail, however:

The constitution states that there can be no government sponsored religion. Period. When a tax based business involves itself in any form of religion, then it becomes a problem. It can be construed as being sponsored by that entity. When you mention any form of religion in a school related book, momument, or speech, and require the students to read, recite, or look at it, this is state/government sposored religion.

Should prayer, religion be allowed in school, or any government location such as a court? NO!

I personally, do not believe in religion, i believe in the comments made by Neitze. Too long to spout about here, so i will forgo that point.

Wars, violence, death, and hate are all more previlent when religion is involved. Insetead of region, which cannot be changed in someones eyes, why dont we all just have faith, and ideas. The world would be a much better place.

Finally, regardless of your religion - DO NOT push it down someone elses throat. I think every missionary outta be hog tied and beaten. Your religion is yours, his is his, hers is hers. Leave everyone else alone, stop meddling in other's affairs, and let people believe whatever they want.

lol NA - just one more reason the Bills are going to STOMP the Dolphins!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
lol NA - just one more reason the Bills are going to STOMP the Dolphins!

LMAO! man, that come out of far left field!

Back