New Boat Goofin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goober77

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so after buying a vector sr80 and breaking the propeller shaft almost right away. Then waiting almost a month to get parts in. I caved and bought myself a Pro Boat Sonicwake v2. Sooooo much fun

20230616_210743.jpg

So my buddy already had a sonicwake and we went out today and messed around on the lake. Had lots of fun buuuuttttt we had some carnage

Attachments

• 20230616_200241.jpg
    20230616_200241.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230616_200230.jpg
    20230616_200230.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 55
Boats always looked like fun to me. If I had a real boat for retrieval duty, I'd probably have a few.
I picked up a paddle board for a really great price on Amazon. Works great for retrieval and also gives me an inflatable dock to help launch the boat and not have to get into the waters edge where it can be muddy.

I picked up a paddle board for a really great price on Amazon. Works great for retrieval and also gives me an inflatable dock to help launch the boat and not have to get into the waters edge where it can be muddy.
Well, we do have kayaks. So maybe at some point in the future.

I'm looking to get a hobby grade boat. That Sonic Wake V2 does look nice. Unfortunately it is about 200$ more than I would like to spend.
Is it worth it?
I have noticed that all the sub 400$ boats go noticeably slower than your SWV2.
Being you have both, what is your take on this?
I would spend the extra 200+$ on the SWV2 if it was worth it. It does look a lot nicer than the cheaper boats out there. I also like the fact that it is a 36" and does scale better with the 1:10/1:8 scale vehicles I plan to pull it with.
Id love your take on this @Goober77
Thanks.

Hobby-grade boats certainly start at a higher price point.
I'll add that the boat hobby in general can be more expensive than you might expect.

Maybe shopping used might be a decent option?

Boats always looked like fun to me. If I had a real boat for retrieval duty, I'd probably have a few.

not necessary at all. at worst get an inflatable raft. I use this 99% of the time. easy to build under $100 or so.

IMG_20230729_125956.jpg

Hobby-grade boats certainly start at a higher price point.
I'll add that the boat hobby in general can be more expensive than you might expect.

Maybe shopping used might be a decent option?
That is exactly what I did. Thanks for the tip.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/ok-i-guess-I'm-a-captain-now.138982/#post-1389156
not necessary at all. at worst get an inflatable raft. I use this 99% of the time. easy to build under $100 or so.

View attachment 169502
That is very creative.
I am looking for a retrieval boat. I think I am going to buy a slower 100$ - 200$ boat and use that with a PVC and foam covered frame around it. Then when the kids want to boat they can use that boat.
I am also going to put some foam in the tip of the hull to make sure the boat does not sink if it takes on water.

Last edited:
I have the horizon tug boat , works great ! I have several boats and my favorite is the gieco 36 dual prop , so fast and stays on the water ,,,,,,,, well usually 😂

Back