Needing help with starter on my 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel Mark

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok truck runs great and fires good but lately it's been seizing up and won't start. My glow plug wire and ground I removed and I was able to fire it with a normal glow starter. But now I can get it to even turn over. I took the starter off and it will turn the starter over but not with enough speed to crank motor. I'd it a starter problem or the wire harness for the starter/glow plug? Also my factory starter box I took apart and found my ground was broke off the mother board. It still works fine so I don't think that's the problem. Would it be better to just go ahead and replace the starter, wire harness, starter box,and gear box for starter?

Try charging the battery first before you spend any money, if it still doesn't work ebay is your cheapest option.

Battery is charged thought of that first even bought another just for that. Even though the light on the glow plug side didn't come on it still turned it over

I figured you probly did try that first but you'd be surprised at times when it's been overlooked.

Lumidave or dollarhobbyz on ebay should have it all & save you some on shipping by getting it in one place.

I agree with ditching and go with pull start. Or go with a tiger drive roto start. I use one on my tmaxx with a picco .26 max and love it even more than pull start. I will never go back to using the ez starter. Too many issues with them in the past.

Ok as of this afternoon my starter box is working soso but my question is do you have to change glow plug when you switch from starting it with the hand box or do you need a different one when you go to a normal glow plug stick?

You can use the same kind of plug.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I won't even attempt to fire with my glow stick from my RC10 should I get a new glow plug stick? What would y'all recommend

HOTSHOT 2. Mine works the best of all the glow starters I have owned. If it starts your RC10 it should start your maxx.

I want a battery powered one but got a new glow plug and made a makeshift setup should work till I get it redone.

See hulk I want to build mine to your quality but resources limit that right now but I do have to say you have some badass stuff man I just want mine running and in near future step it up to 3.3

See hulk I want to build mine to your quality but resources limit that right now but I do have to say you have some badass stuff man I just want mine running and in near future step it up to 3.3

Thanks man. Running, is always a good thing LOL!

what are u talkin about running back and forth to you rc sucks lol

Ah! Yes running is always better than not LOL!!:hehe: But it's par for the course if you run anything as hard as we do these trucks its gonna break in some way shape or form.

Have anyone done or heard of the 4.6 motor? Looks pretty damn cool. I came to a conclusion last night that I'm gonna do everything in RPM parts and possibly do the 4.6 but at least the 3.3

---------- Post added at 9:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:57 AM ----------

And I really want to find a 93-98 2dr. Blazer body if anyone knows if they exist or with a proline Kodiak body but rather the blazer

If its a 4.6 its a big block. your going to need a BB conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.