My Track Design for spring.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throttle

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, I've had cabin fever so I have been buying parts for my rides. And my friend at work bought a buggy last year and he is now fired up and buying some parts. So I showed him what we are going to do this spring for my track. We have six trees left to cut and a big ass tree stump that was de-rooted to get rid of and then we will do some destumping and then we will start the track layout. I have a guy who's running my water lines this year who's dropping off some extra backfill from jobs. So that will help with the jumps and banked turns. The track area itself will be roughly 75' by 85'. The track width will be 10' and some turns will be about 15' in width. I hope to have it done for the ECB and we can run on it for the day and also bash in the other part of the lawn. We are starting with stage 1, so when we get tired of working on the track,we can run our rides. Then do stage two. So here they are:

Last edited:
thats a sweet track I always liked designing tracks but never like that. Good job

the one thing I've noticed watchin people layout a track is that eveybody always seems to use 100% of the area available. Not that this is a bad thing... they just always look so geometric. I'm not puttin down your design Scott just something I've noticed hangin out here in the forum. What area's are you plannin on banking? Personally, I think the hairpin at the top right of the diagram would be really sweet if it had a really steep bank.

I was doing the math and your lanes are going to be from 7-8 feet wide. 8th scale buggy guys are going to love that. If you can get the word out, you could probably draw a crowd with that size of a track. Get an AMBrc system, a PA system, a drivers stand and charge money.

I'm looking to build one but i dont want to bring in a bunch of dirt.. and i want to be able to change it up later.. I'm thinking of making a "modular" track.. all the jumps and stuff made out of wood (kinda like skateboard ramps) so i can move them around to redo the track or move them compleatly if need be.. has anyone heard of this?? any luck with it??

Scott, that layout looks cool. Seems like the plot is a bit smaller than other tracks, but you've made great use of the space. Good mix of tight turns and long straights. Make sure you get a couple good jumps in there for us to fly. I just got word I'm getting a new buggy before summer and I'm about 98% certain that I'll be at ECB again this year. I'm looking forward to it...

beason said:
I'm looking to build one but i dont want to bring in a bunch of dirt.. and i want to be able to change it up later.. I'm thinking of making a "modular" track.. all the jumps and stuff made out of wood (kinda like skateboard ramps) so i can move them around to redo the track or move them compleatly if need be.. has anyone heard of this?? any luck with it??

They do something kind of like that in abroad. I've seen pics where they are driving buggies on that fake green turf stuff (concrete, wood, pavement, whatever). It would change your vehicle setup drastically, but it would probably work.

I actually have 80' by 90' but I wanted to keep the extra 5' on both width and length for material space, so I should be around 10' for my track lane. I'm also keeping the outside of the track open for fast oval runs,so I'm going to use portable ramps on the outside. I'm also making the hairpin turn at the top right portable so we can just race on the outside oval. If things go well, I will build a separate oval on the other side of the race stand. We will see, if this spring and summer was like last year it will be hard to finish. We had way too much rain but I am on a mission this year. As soon as it hits 40 degrees outside I'm going to finish cutting the trees down. I have everything cleared but six trees and stumps and that was only putting in about 20 hours of work. I'm pumped up for r/c's this year and can't wait. I will have more pics when we finish the tree cutting. I am praying for an early spring. :cheers:

bigfreak said:
They do something kind of like that in abroad. I've seen pics where they are driving buggies on that fake green turf stuff (concrete, wood, pavement, whatever). It would change your vehicle setup drastically, but it would probably work.

I've got dirt to run on for the track it would just be the jumps that would be wood.. got prolly football field size lot to work with.. but i havent bought the house yet so i dont want anything perminant.. plus i can't really afford a bunch of dirt and i dont have a tractor to move it around..

The Dirt at Hemet does steel ramps for some jumps.

I got my layout done on my track last fall and this spring will add the jumps and such. Its ALOT of work, but will be worth it when I'm done. Plus itll just look cool next to my rc runway for my planes..hehe

Scott didn't tell you the nights we spent on the phone shootin the R/C poop getting pumped up for this year. :p

Candyman - buy and bring that buggy. I have a new one for this year and the Savage is ready to go!!

Back