My Tekno SCT410-2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did that last summer and bought a welder! Earned 400$ combined with a friend

Here’s a good hack. Ask old people if they need help because they will be more willing to give you more money because your a young kid out trying to make money
Exactly. Heck, if a kid came by asking to take my trash out every few days I'd start keeping cash on hand 😃

Pics, so far...
1708357908911.png
If I had to take a guess, those are front/rear Slash 4x4 wheels. Yes? I'm just curious if you had any tire rubbing issues?

Last edited:
Yes, Slash wheels/tires... haven't got the shocks on yet, but I will get them on later this week, and start setting it up. Will let you know if I see a rubbing issue... Are you talking about rubbing on the body?

Yes, Slash wheels/tires... haven't got the shocks on yet, but I will get them on later this week, and start setting it up. Will let you know if I see a rubbing issue... Are you talking about rubbing on the body?
Yes, tires rubbing on the body is my concern. Traxxas Slash 4x4 wheels are almost a 9mm difference from the recommended Tekno/SCTE "0" offset wheels. A person could probably get away with using +3 offset wheels to put Tekno SCT platforms at maximum width if they are in a racing environment and the track has tech inspections. I've used (unknowingly) some ProLine wheels that were Slash 4x4 offset mounted with Badlands SC tires. I had terrible tire rubbing issues as my SCT rolled through the corners.

Interesting. Thanks

The body I'm using is sold for the Slash 4x4, so are Slash arms shorter?

I'll have to look at that. I really didn't consider the offset difference when I threw these wheels on there.

With my slash 2wd, for my clay slick tires, I use losi scte offset wheels (de racing trinidad) the rears are fine, but with the fronts, you notice the wheels being more inwards. I really don't care. But as with body rubbing, never had an issue. With those wheels, tires and body, but I am running proline extended body mounts and have them on the highest setting (with the shorter posts) because I used talon truck tires before and they would rub. Due to the wideness of the tire/wheel

I had some time before work this morning and thought I'd mount the shocks... that's when I noticed the camber links were mounted to the wrong side of the shock tower.... fixed that and mounted the shocks.... but final setup will have to wait for my days off.

D8c5KLk.jpg

I did measure the width of the truck with tires mounted and it is about 1/2" wider than the Slash... so I might have to use some different wheels after all.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks

The body I'm using is sold for the Slash 4x4, so are Slash arms shorter?

I'll have to look at that. I really didn't consider the offset difference when I threw these wheels on there.
I don't have a Slash 4x4 to measure things, but most likely the arms are shorter, and/or mounted inward farther. On a Slash 2wd (uses two different offsets of wheels front & back?) the front offset wheels are even more pronounced... 13mm difference from so-called SCTE/Tekno offset wheels.

I don't want to be that person, but my OCD is kicking in. I'm sure you fixed it when you moved the inside link to the rear.
1708861550870.png

Back