A Tekno SCT410.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J’sCrawler

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I was phening for the 2.0 when I saw the announcement of its arrival. I couldn’t even go to sleep without thinking how I was going to work that baby into my budget. Well doing all the math over about 2 weeks between another eb48.3 or .4, a new sct410 2.0, or a .3, I decided to pick up a used .3 on eBay. Superb deal for a hardly used fine piece of equipment. other than the diffs were leaking everywhere, it was in great shape.
I began tearing it down to rebuild diffs. Easy peasey I’ve done this before, just added the aluminum cross pins for durability.
IMG_4935.jpeg

IMG_4934.jpeg

I am still figuring out what my powertrain will be, and I don’t have a servo for it. I do however have a readily available body for it, the trail boss! The flo tek it came with is all beat up so to the trash you go.
IMG_4957.jpeg

I have already priced out the necessary parts to put the new 13mm shocks with 16mm springs together like the 2.0 is equipped with. Oh boy, at about $170, that will be a slow gathering over time.
For now I will borrow a max10 3660 combo for power and pickup one of nsdrc’s servos.

Short course trucks are so nice and fun. Too bad that in my area, sct is gone. Just boring buggies now, I have a buggy, its just that I feel like sct is more fun.
TB body looks good. I was thinking about that but went with the Jcon hi flow as its has more areo, and I can do cutouts.

Short course trucks are so nice and fun. Too bad that in my area, sct is gone. Just boring buggies now, I have a buggy, its just that I feel like sct is more fun.
TB body looks good. I was thinking about that but went with the Jcon hi flow as its has more areo, and I can do cutouts.
Will it be bomb pop colors? Did you find any rustoleum in those colors?

I'm using left over paint I got. I have some orange left. all most the whole can of silver and burgundy. Blue is like almost out. Wanna try to have this body painted and ready to go by Wednesdays and can't go to the LHS to get new colors so, yea. What I'm thinking about is burgundy front and rear, and do some thicker orange and silver lines in the middle where the cab would be.

I'm using left over paint I got. I have some orange left. all most the whole can of silver and burgundy. Blue is like almost out. Wanna try to have this body painted and ready to go by Wednesdays and can't go to the LHS to get new colors so, yea. What I'm thinking about is burgundy front and rear, and do some thicker orange and silver lines in the middle where the cab would be.
Home Depot caries the rustoleum 2x, or ace hardware. You might find something you like.
I'm going to need to see that Silverado once you’re done painting it.
for my hi flow body I’m going to pick up an illuzion hi flow, and paint it with some extravagant scheme.
rustoleum 2x right here. And too heavy on the Tamiya window tint.
IMG_4713.jpeg

Last edited:
SCT410.3 are fun trucks. I replaced the diff cross pins with steel and ran a 4s buggy power system in mine. They really are fun trucks.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Another coat of green then a backer of white and it should be done! This paint is super thick so it takes a long time to dry once you start getting coats on it, and it takes multiple very light coats. It’s not like the polycarb paint that is really thin.

Last edited:
I took these horrible shots so you wouldn’t see the Mac n cheese in the background, and as always my kitchen table (workbench) is too crowded! The fit is great just needs some stickers, some sanding around the trimmed edges, a few body post adjustments and were good to go. Oh and some shoe goo/ gorilla glue reinforcement.
I went strong on the green which I underestimated how much it was going to be. For now the back is clear, I will most likely tint it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back