My project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxas t-maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay so I am building and baja sort of thing well its modeled after the baja but its not a baja. Anyways I have and old weed eater that runs good and I want to take that motor; mount it on a baja chassie of somethinkg like that and keep building on that. So What I am asking is for yall opions and idears on building this rig. I will post later today the exact motor and cc and what. I figured now is a good time to start seeing my parents are going to vegas for the week.

Okay so I got the weed eater tore all the way down and found out I would have no way to mount it becuase its an aluminum motor so I couldn't weld to it. There was four good holes I could mount to but the recoil cover goes into that to hold the cover on. If you guys could give me anymore idears would be great on how to mount it becuase I would really like make this work.

Well I put the hole motor back together thinking it wouldn't work.

I made one of them awhile ago, it was a good design but weighed 30lbs. You need to use solid steel/aluminum because when you flip it bends. I just threw the frame in the trash because the hpi baja is more fun to drive. It was fun but the carb got effed from letting it sit for like 4 years. Are you going to use chain drive or drive shafts? What do you have in mind for suspension?

Well I was gunna try and jerry rig the motor to fit on a hpi baja chassis but I have no clue on how to mount? What would I use for a clutch bell becuase the one on the motor has no teeth?