My build in progress, suggestions welcome

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well tonight was the first time I've been frustrated since I started the build. It had nothing to do with the kit from HPI though, I was just trying to wire up the electronics to the receiver but I was tired and I was stumped with some electrical stuff, thank goodness Ralph was on here (imagine that) and he helped me out SOOOOOOO much. Now I know that I have a bad switch, hence the reason I could never get power. Of course, the switch was perfectly good when I started but I hooked up a plug backwards and killed the switch. So things should go much tomorrow after I get a new switch and stuff from the LHS. I'm gonna get this thing going even if I have to strap the whole T-Maxx to the roof of the savage just to route my servos through the T-Maxx switch. :LoL: I'll have to get pics of that!

I'm gonna get this thing going even if I have to strap the whole T-Maxx to the roof of the savage just to route my servos through the T-Maxx switch. :LoL: I'll have to get pics of that!

I WANT PICTURES OF THAT! LOL

haha I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

I am using a hi tech 985mg on my savage for steering, and it has been a great servo.
I even used 985mg on my revo steering.

Your build looks great, you will deffinetly love your savage!

Last edited:
Folks, I would like to nominate Ralph for RCNT customer service representative of the year!! Oh wait, he's already got one of those... Well he DESERVES it. Thanks for all your help Ralph, PM sent.

Well guys, I know it took a while with my busy schedule, but the Savage is finally DONE!! I have named her Eleanor in memory of my father who was also my best friend in this world. He passed away a few years ago and we both really loved gone in 60 seconds. I'll let you guys know how the break in goes. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me out, especially Ralph, he was up most of the night helping me out through email last night.

Good looking build. makes me want to build another. I haven't built a kit in 2 years. It really is a lot of fun. Take your time with break-in and then let her rip. Not sure if you've run big-blocks before, but definitely run with the body on and think about some head protection for that engine. That thing packs a lot of power and you can easily flip a Savvy on sudden acceleration.

Uh Oh, I forgot to post the pics with that last post. Here they are!

Attachments

• 100_0185.JPG
    100_0185.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_0186.JPG
    100_0186.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_0187.JPG
    100_0187.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_0188.JPG
    100_0188.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 85
Congratulations man, that really looks good. Can't wait to know enough about mine to feel comfortable enough to take on a project like that. I'm sure your father would be proud of that build, looks like a lot of love went into it man. That is one thing that will always let the good memory of a person live on with you. Never sell it, you will regret it the day you do.

That's my problem, I get to attached and never want to get rid of my projects.

Well guys, I know it took a while with my busy schedule, but the Savage is finally DONE!! I'll let you guys know how the break in goes.

Just as long as you don't pull a ROLEX on us and SAY your going to break it in. Go get it dirty! Then tell Ralph to play with his!

Yea those are the dirt bonz that came with it. I think they're like a medium soft compound with a nice foam insert. They feel just right to me, can't wait to see how they do on our dirt track that we're building. I've also got some 40's on the way with Big Joe tires.

Charlie says in best mad scientist voice: "It's alliiivvvvve, my Savage creation is alllliiiive, MUAH HA HAHA. This lil creation of my very own was bred to destroy all other monster truck civiliaztion, and we will have the last laugh at those T-Maxxes on the hobby store shelf who were whispering that we would never be able to bring you to life. MUAH AH HAHA MUAH HAHA

Well my lil Eleanor cranked up without a hitch and now I'm in the process of heat cycling her. Performs better than any other chik I've ever seen that was on her cycle!