My Black Friday Deal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been wanting a 1:1 hot rod project for a long time now and I finally talked the old lady into it over the weekend. Of course she agreed because this is one my son wanted too and she thought it would be good for us to do together. So here it is - a 1995 Mustang GT,5.0/automatic.

Now I'm not a big Mustang fan and this isn't Ford vs XXX thread. I would have preferred a much older car but I needed something to interest my son too. We came across this car on craigslist listed for a good price and my son really liked it so we went and checked it out. I was able to talk them down to only $750 so I had to buy it.

Don't let the pics fool you,it needs a lot of work but it has plenty of potential and we'll make a nice car out of it. There's lots of these cars around so parts should be cheap,the car has a lot of aftermarket parts on it and we will be doing nearly 100% of everything for the car. We're ready to get after it but the only bad is I don't have a good inside workshop so progress will be slow over the winter.

If you all want more details,I'll start a project thread and keep you updated as we work this thing over. After all,I'll probably work more on it that I will r/c.

b3pqvb.jpg

2ytqnub.jpg

That's awesome Randy, I hope to do the same one day! Please make a build thread!

Nice, Randy. Have you considered a tent-type garage or portable building?

Very Nice! Sounds like a great bonding experience!

This is going to be a great project for you and your son and a great way to spend some time with him as well. Looking forward to seeing the project thread!

I've been looking at doing a go cart project with me boy. I love the street legal go carts with the 600-900 CBR engines on them. Great car for a good price too man. Nothing like making memories. Plus a mustang has endless possibilities. Have you thought about what route your going to go with it? Drag car, street drag car, back to stock everyday driver etc?

It's more of a mini dune buggy. Long as it has lights seat belts you can register it.

Where are you allowed to register a go kart as a street legal vehicle in the US?
Something like this.
BMS 600cc Cherry Bomb Dune Buggy BMS-CB-600:

Last edited:
+1^^^^ keep us updated. I would love to see where this project ends up

This won't be for a few years. My son is still a little too young to get involved with a build like this. It won't be anywhere to the extreme of that one but same concept. I want to put a 900CC or 1000CC out of a crotch rocket in mine. Dune buggy style with a taste of shifter cart. I've investigated this type of build before and I can build one to my likings for around 10-12 grand.

Back