Mugen Mbx5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalib

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I'm bidding on a Mugen Mbx5 roller on ebay. I know Mugen is good quality but the Mbx5 is an older model. Would it be worth the $190 bucks I bided on it? I'm currently winning the bid but I'm not going over 200. I'm also gonna look into an x-ray roller. Which is better?

durability wise (as long as it's the prospec version) I raced both and can say they are both tough as coffin nails. the xray has WAAAY more chassis adjustment. that's about the main difference.
the HUDY steel in the Xray is the best. it's the toughest spring steel I've ever seen and I've worked in machine shops doing precision high durability type equipment. nothing comes close to the Hudy stuff on durability.

the standard MBX-5 is good too but the bearing carriers & shock towers should be changed to the prosec versions.

durability wise (as long as it's the prospec version) I raced both and can say they are both tough as coffin nails. the xray has WAAAY more chassis adjustment. that's about the main difference.
the HUDY steel in the Xray is the best. it's the toughest spring steel I've ever seen and I've worked in machine shops doing precision high durability type equipment. nothing comes close to the Hudy stuff on durability.

the standard MBX-5 is good too but the bearing carriers & shock towers should be changed to the prosec versions.

Thanks Bro.

There's certainly no shortage of parts for those things. And you're right keeping it below 200.
The stuff you add to make it road worthy can add up super quick.

I bought a TTR S3 buggy roller brand spanking new off ebay for 110 bucks. I thought it was a steal. Wrong. I had to furnish the wing, wheels/tires, servos, engine, radio and body. All total I think I was in it for 700.00 all said and done. I could have bought the same RTR model for much less.:confused:

Back