Mugen MBX5 Prospec Thread :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to do some digging in my mcmaster carr order history. LOL

Here's the part number:

9262K121

Metric Buna-N O-Ring, 1.5MM Width, 5MM Id

It's a pack of 100 not 50 like I said. And it musta been $8 after shipping cause looks like they are $4-$5.

EDIT: oh and in addition belray grease, I also recommend the belray air filter oil. The motocross air filter oil rocks (if applied correctly) and at $7 for a quart it's cheap as hell to boot. I'm thinking about writing up a tutorial on it. I see so many people killing their engines with poor airfilter set ups. :( (sorry for rambling like a freak)

Last edited:
i too raced motocross... i raced ea sports sx for years and i too use mx air filter oil on my rc cars...lol....it works like a charm....i use the no-toil brand i got from the local honda shop here ....its a spray on type 2 stage filter oil....

The belray stuff is sticky as @#$%. If you put too much in the filter, it suffocates the engine. And getting the excess out is next to impossible (cause it's so sticky). The only way I've really found to clean it out of a foam is to either wash it in 30% or use that brake cleaner spray. Both of those cause the foams to swell and I'm a little leary of using foams that have swollen up (they do shrink back down).

well finnaly finshed building it was a good build only hit two snags in the whole build, one snag was where the nuts were supposed to be seeted in so they dont spin, the walls of the groove were way too thin and allowed to to spin all around which was a big pain. another was the rear hub cariers, they were milled wrong and wouldnt allow the wheel to spiun because it was too tight of a fit, so i got out a flatfile and took it down a mm or so.

pics!
mugen008.jpg

mugen012.jpg

mugen013.jpg

mugen014.jpg

mugen016.jpg

mugen017.jpg

man, that buggy makes me drool, its really nice, my mp777 is taking me forever, i keep losing the pieces, lol, hopefully, i will get my engine and servos tomorrow!!

try building it all backwards with no directions wow what a pain in the butt

My diffs are a little leaky. I think I'll try these out since this is the second time I've heard of them.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

That is the right ones, correct?

The link didn't put up the O rings. I don't know. just search the part # from page 3

bigfreak said:
Here's the part number:

9262K121

Metric Buna-N O-Ring, 1.5MM Width, 5MM Id

This one

Guys, I'm depressed! I have a prospec partially assembled in my basement, and its not even mine! One of my buddies bought it and his wife doesn't know, and he doesn't want her to know. So we are building it at my place. This thing is beautiful parts are great, I only have one problem, screws and such are not in the correct bags. We've had to search for screws in other bags in just about every step. Ohwell its still a beautiful machine, and I can't wait to see her run!

I never really understood that hiding stuff thing. Or is this guy you know really YOU! LOL! Seriously, there is this guy that stops at the same bar as me, and hides it from his wife. Like she doesn't know. Nobody can hide a few beers from a sober person. HaHaHa!!!!!!! I just think it is funny.

NONO its not me, I wish it was me though! And believe me she is oblivious to the fact that he bought it. she knows he has a buggy, but he sold that one, so she won't know the difference between the two!

crzy-svg-usr said:
well finnaly finshed building it was a good build only hit two snags in the whole build, one snag was where the nuts were supposed to be seeted in so they dont spin, the walls of the groove were way too thin and allowed to to spin all around which was a big pain. another was the rear hub cariers, they were milled wrong and wouldnt allow the wheel to spiun because it was too tight of a fit, so i got out a flatfile and took it down a mm or so.
thats a bit weird, i had no problems with mine all, all bolted together like a dream, the only thing i had a slight hiockup with was the nuts for the side gaurds didnt want to stay put, had to get a grip on them with some pliers to get them tight

vbgagnon said:
Guys, I'm depressed! I have a prospec partially assembled in my basement, and its not even mine! One of my buddies bought it and his wife doesn't know, and he doesn't want her to know. So we are building it at my place. This thing is beautiful parts are great, I only have one problem, screws and such are not in the correct bags. We've had to search for screws in other bags in just about every step. Ohwell its still a beautiful machine, and I can't wait to see her run!
yeah lol i found that as well, think its some smart asses idea of a joke :)

vbgagnon said:
NONO its not me, I wish it was me though! And believe me she is oblivious to the fact that he bought it. she knows he has a buggy, but he sold that one, so she won't know the difference between the two!
i had the same theory when i brought my XB8 but um duh she noticed imediatley DAMN WOMEN ARNT AS DUMB AS THEY LOOK

I know it looks and sounds like its mine, but really its not. If you want a pic of my two buggys with the chassis of the prospec I'll do it. You guys are makeing me more depressed :( AHHHHH!!!

i put my center diff in and the ring gear like sticks out of the bottom of the chassi. mine is so far down it hangs out of the chassi as i spin it i see it hit a flat peice of plastic laying on the chassi, is it normal for it to hang that low? what did i do wrong?

I don't know what you did, or didn't do, but I went and took a look at mine, and the spur gear is flush with the bottom of the chasis at the lowest point.

yes my gear looks flush but if I cover it with plastic it will hit just a bit. I can't even see it but with the plastic it will hit

crzy-svg-usr, very nice buggy man! :thumbup: did you work out all the pipe and clutch details for the WS7II?? The proper pipe, clutch springs and shoes are critical for that engine. It's a popular engine. The guys at Hobby Hut should be able to give ya the low-down (if they haven't already). Also, don't forget the air filter oil, but I'm sure you know that. :p

EDIT: damn it I didn't read page 4 before I posted

Hypedonrc, that's the site. Just put the partnumber I gave you into the search. The orings pop right up.

Last edited:
yea i got some carbon shoes I'm going to lighten some and 1.1 springs for it with the long rb header and 069 rb pipe :D should work fairly well we will see int he spring. bigfreak where do u race besides the hut? tryignt o find some more tracks to go to.

crazy the gear on my center diff does not hang out at all. Now to build the radio box.

crzy-svg-usr, I made a place for us PA guys to shoot the breeze. I wanted to start this anyway. I have a big list of tracks in there too. (this way we don't hijack the prospec thread)

Nitro Racing in PA (Harrisburgh - Philly)

EDIT: fixed URL :shrug:

Last edited:
Back