Mt-12

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkhoo

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all, just need some advice how to adjust the brass screw that oppesite the SN at the carb?? What are that thing do?? I already know how to adjust the 3 needler but need advice on this needler. Thanks in advance.

khoo:contract:

I second the motion..HUH?

I have the engine and would love to help you out but you need to explain wht you are having troubles with

Last edited:
:doh: Ok sorry for make u all not understand........:doh:

At the carb, opposite the LSN ( slide carb )have one brass screw ( in light brown colour ) what is that for?? Now I adjust it flat with card body. Thanks.
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

That's the mid-speed needle. Generally, unless you're ultra pro and tuning, you don't touch that. It's factory set, and should stay that way.

If you adjust it all wrong, your engine won't run right...trust me, it's only for the pros.

Ok tkhoo I still don't know what screw you are referring to. Is this an actual screw or a nut? This IS an MT12 right by mugen seiki racing and Novarossi.

Kwong can you enlighten me on this screw?

Basically you have the LSN which is for the mixture at idle. You have the HSN which is the main mixture (i.e. max fuel to the engine) as well as how much fuel goes into the engine at high rpm.

The MSN is for in between those two. It can be used to just give you a better power curve. Lets say about 12k rpm you're leaning out a bit, you might richen the MSN a bit.

But again, the MSN is strictly for the truely advanced tuners. It's not for people who think they can tune. Don't touch it unless you know absolutely what you're doing. If you tune it wrong your engine WILL NOT run right. I can tell you from experience, I messed with the MSN thinking it was the LSN and the engine barely ran.

May I now the factory setting for this MSN on MT-12 engine. Look like I want to try it but need some advice first before I touch it. Thanks Kwong:redbuggy:

The best advise is dont touch it, even if you jag it & not stuff it up the power increase you get will be hardly noticable. If you get it wrong your engine will be a pig. :whip:

Back