Monster beattle........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryhton said:
Here it is on top of a 1/10 ST.

4375P1010004.jpg

Damn now I need to go order some parts.

poor little guy. lol damn those things like awsome.

I just got back in from running in the park...
Man I will tell ya running these 1/4 scale's are a rush..
I was running and a kid said to me can it jump?
I said I don't know...He says i have a skate board ramp....LOL So he goes and gets it...Holly poop...I was grabben 12 to 15 feet of air of that ramp..
Intill this happened No teeth left on the engine gear..LOL

beattle.jpg

dayyyuuuummm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you put in steel gears in that? do they make hi performance engines for them? imagine that thing flying at 50 plus mph

dannyd said:
dayyyuuuummm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you put in steel gears in that? do they make hi performance engines for them? imagine that thing flying at 50 plus mph

Danny they do make hipo engines for them but.
really you don't need it LOL The beetle has enouf power to flip over on it self..With just hitting WOT...
It has a bigger mill then most weed wackers do...

And yes they do make steel gears..that is what I am going to order tonite.

dannyd said:
imagine that thing flying at 50 plus mph

I don't have to imagine I have seen it LOL
30 pounds of plastic,Alum.and steel flying YA BABY!

ZANDOR said:
I don't have to imagine I have seen it LOL
30 pounds of plastic,Alum.and steel flying YA BABY!

damn these things move like that. i thought all that weight would get it moving at about 30 35 mph. hey can you make a video? I'm really getting intrested in these things.

them things are so awesome.. I'm hopin once the B5 comes out the price of these will go down. Then maybe I could get one. They are kick ass though.. Anyone have any vids of them? Even if there not yours Id just like to see one in action.

man i am hoping i can atleast ask for one for my 18th birthday.

ZANDOR said:
Danny they do make hipo engines for them but.
really you don't need it LOL The beetle has enouf power to flip over on it self..With just hitting WOT...
It has a bigger mill then most weed wackers do...

And yes they do make steel gears..that is what I am going to order tonite.
Hey Bro if your going to order the parts might i suggest getting the steel spur gear conversion but instead of getting the steel pinion gear get the plastic one, only reason i suggest this is you need to have a weak point in the gears so not to do damage to the engine and crank when jumping and landing on the rear tires there is alot of flex and rotational mass going on back there that could ultimately destroy those gears and transfer the load right to the engine crank, plus with all metal gears the beetle is a lot louder, i did the whole steel conversion with mine and didnt like all the extra noise so i went with steel spur gear and plastic pinion gear and never again had problems with stripping those gears out and put my mind at ease knowing that the pinion gear would strip before the engine would sustain any serious damage, good luck with your decision.

Man, that thing RULES!

Bruce, I think your paintjob is pretty good :thumbsup: lol

itsme1 said:
Here is a pic of mine, i really miss that thing
P4260083.jpg

i will have another...

You did not love the one you had...What makes you think you can love again?LOL

nice paint. why dont you bring it back to life. it will save you a grand

I can't believe ya sold it! I didnt think youd part with it after waiting for it for so long. Whyd ya sell it if I may ask?

4u2nv said:
I can't believe ya sold it! I didnt think youd part with it after waiting for it for so long. Whyd ya sell it if I may ask?

Andy he sold it because he is a moron...LOLJ/K bra

ZANDOR said:
Andy he sold it because he is a moron...LOLJ/K bra
Actually bills are the main reason i sold it when your the bread winner of the house you must make sacrifices for the greater well being of the household, now that my fiance is finishing up with her schooling she will become another source of income to the house,which in turn means i will have more of my own $$$ to enjoy the finer things in life, I will love again damnit!!:cloud9:

Installed the steel gear conversion...PIC's

befor
beattle.jpg

after

beattle_005.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that ain't going nowhere! (the gears stripping, that is)