Model trains

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim-rachel

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows if n scale trains are worth much I have a few sets my dad found in his garage.

I dont know much but what I do know is depending on how old and what company made them there is a possibility for a substantial proffit! I would take the time and do the proper research yourself before getting rid of them

Ok cool thanks guys. I am going to try and find a forum. I think they are from the 80's so they arnt too old.

Possibly, but it would be a few select pieces that have special collector value.

More than likely, they're just used model trains, with similar resale value to used RC cars (which is to say, for the most part, crap). Pretty much the only model train stuff that's been around long enough to have serious collector value outside of stuff that was made to be collectible (and started out expensive) is gonna be pre-war O and G scale, and a handful of early HO bits. N scale, Z scale and T-gauge are all too new; N scale emerged commercially in the sixties.

There are, of course, some very high end makers of N-scale. Just investigate thoroughly before selling, especially locomotives.

I have looked into train sets in the past as I find them just amazing. Some of them, pending the age and rarity can be very costly.

You could always send them all to me. :D

Cool I will check them out first. Thanks guys. Funny Woodie lol.

Back