Mini Crawlers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe sweetdiesel got one of those. You should PM him and see how he likes it. Also, Bruce at RushRC had them for a much better price. Read thru this thread.

Hey thanks man, I PM'ed Sweet and e-mailed Bruce

I dunno man, you would have to drop the shocks before you ever ran it (they are plastic) And it only needs ONE servo??.... Overall it looks like a decent hop-ups project. Good luck on choosing, theres a hell of a lot of em out there.

Tweak said:
I dunno man, you would have to drop the shocks before you ever ran it (they are plastic) And it only needs ONE servo??.... Overall it looks like a decent hop-ups project. Good luck on choosing, theres a hell of a lot of em out there.
Only needs a servo for steering. The ESC takes care of what the throttle/brake servo does for the nitro cars.

"Starter" Crawlers..i know many are giving these a try...only $45 at your local wally world for the 1/18 scale...or....$150 for the 1/6 scale.

http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=13568

They've even had a crawling contest out west with them already, looked like a lot of fun.
My son will be getting one this week to give it a shot..if we like it, we will be building a real crawler from one of our Clods.

Scott

So far I really like my little Goliath. This truck is made for bashing and crawling, not speed. I think it tops out at 10-12 mph max with the stock 550 motor. But, it is fun as heck to dive. It crawls curbs and small stairs/step very easily. The fun challenge of driving it is figuring out the correct approach to climb over an object and using the right combo of throttle and steering. The kit instructions are not very good, I was used to nice diagrams from HPI, PTI supplies only black and white photographs that look like bad photocopies. Couple weak points are the body mounts which snap very easily (broke one already) and the stock servo mount which is flexible and feels like it could break upon impact. I haven't driven it enough to give an better review but these are my initial thoughts.