Mini Nitro Traxxas Erevo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezel

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
I read a (recent to me) old post that rekindled a project that I always wanted try building. I've always had a thing for nitro engines. Credit to @Chubaka for getting the wheels turning again and @luke66 for reviving the thread.

I also remember reading the mini Tmaxx build by Aspengt on the Traxxas forum. (https://forums.traxxas.com/discussion/9001892/1-16-mini-emaxx). This was a cool build for its time. This also helps give some building ideas.

What ideas does anyone have? What ideas did you have @Chubaka? Don't mean to put you on the spot.
I was thinking mini Revo. I was looking at using the Integy carbon fiber chassis as a starting point. For an engine I wanted to get a Picco P-zero. With the Integy chassis the main parts are there and a new main plate could be made easily which I think would be a good starting point.

Now that 3d printers are a common item for hobbiests, I can see how making of parts can help turn projects like this from an idea into a reality.

just thought id pop in and say the build you mentioned (https://forums.traxxas.com/discussion/9001892/1-16-mini-emaxx) is just a E-MAXX. No mini nitro invoved.
Danielhr77 had one some time ago but I can't find it.

@Weezel I was looking at mini nitro parts from xray at the time. .15s are too large, although hpi has a laydown .15 I thought about using. I'll probably go with .12.

The chassis I'm debating between aluminum and a plastic front, rear and sides with aluminum center

The hardest part is mating a 33p clutchbell to a 48p spur. The tranny can be flipped for more torque to slow it down so it gives some options.

Might do a mini tmaxx next to match my tmaxx. 🤔🤔

offtopic but I've been following this guy for some time now and about a week ago he finished a losi LMT nitro conversion
Really cool imo. He also did a mini Z nitro conversion

I also followed his builds a couple of years ago. I think he was using engines from EXCEED models. When Covid hit I think was the last of the production of those little engines (and models).

The last I remember is he left to pursue a pilots license. Did he get one? I hope I'm thinking of the right person. I'm glad he's back. He really enjoyed adding an engine to the tiny scale vehicles.

offtopic but I've been following this guy for some time now and about a week ago he finished a losi LMT nitro conversion

Thanks for linking that! I’m gonna go on a 3 hour rabbit hole now lol.

I read a (recent to me) old post that rekindled a project that I always wanted try building. I've always had a thing for nitro engines. Credit to @Chubaka for getting the wheels turning again and @luke66 for reviving the thread.

I also remember reading the mini Tmaxx build by Aspengt on the Traxxas forum. (https://forums.traxxas.com/discussion/9001892/1-16-mini-emaxx). This was a cool build for its time. This also helps give some building ideas.

What ideas does anyone have? What ideas did you have @Chubaka? Don't mean to put you on the spot.
I was thinking mini Revo. I was looking at using the Integy carbon fiber chassis as a starting point. For an engine I wanted to get a Picco P-zero. With the Integy chassis the main parts are there and a new main plate could be made easily which I think would be a good starting point.

Now that 3d printers are a common item for hobbiests, I can see how making of parts can help turn projects like this from an idea into a reality.
You’ll have a hard time with the suspension.

I also followed his builds a couple of years ago. I think he was using engines from EXCEED models. When Covid hit I think was the last of the production of those little engines (and models).

The last I remember is he left to pursue a pilots license. Did he get one? I hope I'm thinking of the right person. I'm glad he's back. He really enjoyed adding an engine to the tiny scale vehicles.
That same guy did an nitro mini slash 4x4

The 1/16 one

Back