Mini B steering question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Brushless Mini B. I was wondering has anyone had problems getting the right to have as much throw as the left? Mine turns significantly less to the right. Is it just the design or what? I know all the setting changes on the stock receiver and transmitter and thats not the problem.

The stock servo in the Losi Minis (Spektrum SX107 / SX108) servos are absolutely junk. First I ran mine with the stock servo saver, then upgraded to the Losi aluminum servo horn and burnt up the servo on 2 laps at the track. It is most likely the servo or the slop in the servo saver. I had the same problem.

From then, I upgraded to the eco power servo that they recommend but I burnt up that too (with the losi upgraded aluminum horn)

Then, I got with my LHS and he hooked me up with a savox micro servo. I am having problems getting the servo mounted and finding a servo horn that will fit since savox micro servos are I believe have a 21 tooth spline or something odd like that. I found that Hot Racing made one for the savox so I got that, I also trying to test fit the servo between the stock servo mounts and cheap ebay 3d printed ones. I haven't really did much since then since I need to rebuild my whole mini b too. Which I will get started on that in a few weeks to get it ready for some carpet club racing.

Getting back to the problem here, I believe its the slop in the servo saver. I seen some people on FB put a ziptie around the saver to strength it. I did it my self and it really didn't work. You could upgrade to the Losi aluminum horn but like my story I burnt up the servo.

If your looking for a whole new servo setup, I would get either a savox with the Hot Racing servo saver, or I seen alot of mini B / T racers use the NSDRC servo with their mount / horn.

I have a savox and no servo horn. it was on a rc sled my friend built. A screw snapped off inside.Do you have any idea what to do to get the snapped screw out?
I've never had to disassemble a Savox servo, but you can try snd see if you can get to the screw from the back. If so, a drill bit should easily run it out. If you can find a small left hand drill bit, that might work too. Or an EZ out screw extractor might get it.

Last edited:
Back