Machete set screw size.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borockster

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I have looked through Redcats parts list and the set screw that holds the front and rear center drive shafts in place is not listed. Anyone have any idea what size the set screw is? Not the head...it's .050. The actual set screw. Emails to Redcat have gone unanswered.

.050 is less than 1mm. No way that's a set scree size. What are you measuring to get .050? Pics?

Oh wait. The allen socket is .050?

That might be a 2.5 mm set screw.

I have looked through Redcats parts list and the set screw that holds the front and rear center drive shafts in place is not listed. Anyone have any idea what size the set screw is? Not the head...it's .050. The actual set screw. Emails to Redcat have gone unanswered.
I've emailed Redcat before. I have two Redcats. They did respond, it just took a few days.

That is the size of the tool required to remove the set screw that is lost. I need the dimensions of the set screw. Sorry I wasn't clear.

That is the size of the tool required to remove the set screw that is lost. I need the dimensions of the set screw. Sorry I wasn't clear.
It should be an M2.5 x .45 set screw. .45 would be the thread pitch.

You're welcome.

For threaded fasteners, I still have to look up the metric stuff, even after making them for a number of years. If ever in doubt, a quick google image search will find you a reference chart. So a google image search for "metric screw thread dimensions" will find you this...
https://www.google.com/search?clien...HYtqAlIQtKgLegQIDRAB&biw=412&bih=724&dpr=2.63
Untitled139_20240318173816.png

To convert imperial numbers to metric multiply by 25.4. So your .050 wrench would be:
.050x25.4=1.27

Closest is 1.3mm (dimension S), so that set screw is a 2.5mm.

To convert metric to imperial, divide by 25.4 😉

Last edited:
That will come in handy. Thanks again!

No problem. Happy to help. Just note, the socket size from buttonheads and cap screws to set screws will be a different chart, as they use a larger tool 😉

Back