lst shock setup ..???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvrc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys...i was wondering what some of you did to take the sag out of the lst suspension...what be be a good spring for this truck?..i see they are color coded...yellow,black and so on...what spring could i use that is for mostly off roading that would take the sag out...I'm gonna buy a set of the adjustable shock bodies as well..any info would be great...thanx :shrug:

I myself am facing the spring dilema. Not by choice, but by mistake. I've ordered a set of 7 lb springs thinking it'll help keep the truck suspended higher. It was a little too cushy for me stock. I don't know for sure, the springs I got were rated at 7lb/in and I read one place stock are 3lb/in and read they are 5lb/in in another spot. I figure either way, I'm going to try these. I'll let you know how they work.

sounds good....i was lookin at those myself...i was also looking at another pair..the color was gun metal gray...i beleive they were rated at 8 pounds....every modification i do to this truck has to be done by mail order...none of the hobby shops in my area sell this truck or any parts for it..so i figured id see who has what, and what worked....i love the way the suspension is now....i just want the sag out..i dont want to make it too stiff...let me know how it goes...thanx :cheers:

I went to 7.4lb yellow and they are great truck will spring back when you hit the brakes and no hard bottoming out when you jump!the stock are just to soft w/ hard landings!

Hot Racing makes springs for the LST that are longer than the factory ones and are a lot stiffer. I am using the 6 LB (purple) and my dad is using the 7 LB (Blue). They both make a huge difference. I haven't tried any of the Losi springs...

do either of those springs take the sag out of the suspension?...is either truck still nice and cushiony?...or does it bounce back hard when u push it down...thanx for the info..

Yeah they both take the sag out, but the combination of a stiffer spring with the stock shock oil (30wt?) makes it bounce back quickly when you push on it or when it hits a bump.

Cool, cuz hot racing blues are what I ordered.
sound like I'll like em.

I just installed the Yellows and it makes a world of difference. Takes the sag right out. I also still running the stock oil.

Here is a rundown on Losi's springs for the LST.

White = 4lbs
Chrome (stock) = 5lbs
Black = 6lbs
Yellow = 7.4lbs

thanx for all the info guys...now i gotta decide which set to choose...they all sound good.....ill get 2 sets and go from there...thanx again guys...