LRP .28 or .30 0r .32

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay I need some opinions here. I am putting a custom T maxx race setup. I am trying to decide between These LRP engines. The .32, .30, .28. Really looking, for some speed. Prob, going to send engine off to have some modding done to it.

Out of those three like the 32 myself but if ur building a speed machine u should probably go with the 28. If u go with the 28 why not get the SH .28 P8? I believe ERCM has modded ones for 220. Its the same as the spec 3, spec 3 is the rebadged lrp version. Picco 28's is an excellent choice as well, some would even say its the best big block can get ;)

Convert a 30x to pullstart and enjoy the higher rpms.

Yah I found an engine online looks really good. It is a .21 Godzilla race engine. I a thread started with a pic of the engine. Trying to find out if anyone knows anything about it. I have been talking to the guy I believe it is a pretty well known engine modder from Aulstraila. Think its built by a place called Massive mods. Said it revs out at 46000 at 3.13 HP. Checked out the vid of the .28 version thing was making some massive power. He said the .21 revs even harder.

It probably does, and you'd be better off with high rpm vs monster torque.

just picked up another picco .28 evo2 today..

C7FECBF3-6603-4872-A8FB-B85BE3432D39-528-000000A3871A0E04.jpg

043A2982-74F1-491F-A2BF-2CA192B76897-528-000000A38C8EFE54.jpg

just picked up another picco .28 evo2 today..

C7FECBF3-6603-4872-A8FB-B85BE3432D39-528-000000A3871A0E04.jpg

043A2982-74F1-491F-A2BF-2CA192B76897-528-000000A38C8EFE54.jpg

Nice, man. I thought about goin that route with a Picco. I have run them in he past, just thought about trying something different. Thinking about given that .21 Godzilla engine a try.

I here you there Hulkmaxx picked up a O.S .21tm (Maxx header) with the Picco today, my first O.S to try...

I here you there Hulkmaxx picked up a O.S .21tm (Maxx header) with the Picco today, my first O.S to try...

Cool let us know how it runs. I have been talking back and forth, with the guy at massive mods about the Godzilla. There is a guy that runs these engines, last name flan something, guess he does fairly well with them. Gonna have a ton in this build want to set it up right. It seems that the .21 engine turn more RPM, and I think that seems to = speed. Speed is good, cause that's what I need. Guess you could say I have the Need for Speed LOL:hehe:

Question is what type of racing are you planning with the build?
On road or off road?
On road you would want the rpms and torque. Off road, torque is the more important factor as top speeds are seldom reached on a off road track.
Its difficult to build a Maxx based platform that will do well in both conditions.

Question is what type of racing are you planning with the build?
On road or off road?
On road you would want the rpms and torque. Off road, torque is the more important factor as top speeds are seldom reached on a off road track.
Its difficult to build a Maxx based platform that will do well in both conditions.

Well I am not racing hardcore or anything like that. It will see a lot of on road use. But the track I run at is just your normal off road coarse. Has 3 long straights, you can pull some speed out of. Just some fun with friends on the local track.

Back