losi night crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i finnaly got the 3s lipo's in and connected to the rig...WOW! what a difference, it's like switcing from a 4cyl to a turbo v8! lol.. now i have to be careful not to break stuff in a bind cause it wont just sut down it will spin somethin rigt off...i put my esc up in the battery tray and my lipo down on the esc perch on te rear axel..big difference there too, it wont flip over as easy..now i read that the height should be about 2 5/8 inch..so i raised my spring retainers to lower the stance. should i put different springs on? and whic kind? i imagine somethin gotta work better than stock. i actually have no complaints with them but if somethin will help it crawl better ill try it :)

Losi has several different springs available. I'm not sure what yours are but I'm guessing their softs?

The stock springs seem to work well from what i have seen, here is a link to some of the different springs that Losi offers
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-Losi-Parts-House-cln-Losi-Shock-Springs/Categories

As for the belly height 2-5/8" is pretty low but it will side hill better, you just have to figure out what works best for your terrain, I run my rig at about 2-7/8" because we do a lot of break over stuff that you need the extra clearance to help get over it..

can you explain how the spring rate works? as far as the numbers? 3.0 softer than a 3.5? my springs are silver and i was thinkin maybe just a little softer to help relax the suspension...mine lifts the tire alot on side hill climbs

The lower the number, the softer the spring.

You should get a couple of different sets to try out and also try different rates front to back.

went to the beach today and had a good time on the big rocks. question though..when I'm goin uphill it wants to lift a front tire and i have to really work it to relax the suspension, sometimes i can't..what causes this and how can i fix it? i have 4oz on each front and raised my springs to lower the truck.. i did add a little shock oil cause they leak..maybe i put too much? or put it back together wrong?
24.jpg
23.jpg

That is called torque twist, the worm drive gears are supposed to help eliminate that but it still seems to exist, it is just part of driving a shafty, LOL!!!! You could try adding another 2oz to each front wheel and see if that helps, just keep tuning it till it gets where you want it.

Yeah torque twist is lame! Nice pics too bro, I wish I had a beach near by with rocks like that.

more fun at the beach

29.jpg 27.jpg
30.jpg 28.jpg
31.jpg 32.jpg

You have more than enough flex, looks like to me. Nice pics.

That is one sweet looking crawler my friend! nice job!!

Looking good, and if you get upside down it will be easier to get back on your wheels with the bug body.

Back