losi night crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna order a couple 1300 mah 30c 3s lipos...how long do they run on average?

You should get pretty good run time. I average about 45-60 minutes of run time on 1000mah 4s packs and thats running 2 motors and a 400+ servo BUT I dont have have worm gears, that will pull your run time down ALOT. But their so damn cheap that you can get a few. By the time you run 3 packs dead, you will be tired of crawling right then anyways.

LOL thanks..i ordered 4 :D

any sugestions on adjusting my suspension? i know the shock mounts have an upper and lower mounting hole and the upper links can go up and down a couple notches...any benifit to movin these around? it looks like if i move the uppers up ill have more travel but will this throw of the balance or somethin..i dunno anything i can do to make it just a bit better..I'm realizin now that what I'm spendin on this i prolly could of gotten an lcc and ad it goin by now..LOL

Id just leave it where its all at for now and get some real run time with it. Changing things now without really being used to how everything works and reacts in certain situations wont let you know whats been improved or worsened.

Id just leave it where its all at for now and get some real run time with it. Changing things now without really being used to how everything works and reacts in certain situations wont let you know whats been improved or worsened.

X2 Learn how to drive what you got, then when you know what it will do and has trouble doing we can help you with ideas to fix the areas where it needs improvement.:D

I know some people that don't give the rig they have a chance or learn what can be done to improve it and just go out and get a whole new rig and then get mad because they are having the problems again, it's all about practicing and trial and error:D

makes sence to me :) thanks guys

after installing the novac system my car took off forward all on its own and my remote was operating backwards ( pull trigger it went back.. push went forward) so i re programed the esc and reversed the motor..then it still wants to creep in reverse..i adjusted my gain on the remote untill it stopped and it still isnt at neutral. i have to just slightly squeeze the trigger to get the red light to come on for neutral. is there a way to adjust the neutral point? I'm afraid with it wanting to constantly creep in reverse it will burn somethin up

What radio is it?

Did you check to make sure your trim tab for the throttle channel was centered? MAybe bump it a little one way or the other and see if that works to keep it from creeping backwards...

its the stock spektrum 24ghz dsm controller...and i had to turn the trimm all the way forward just to get it to stop creepin

Last edited:
I would try programming it again, If that does not work I would give Novak a call..Just make sure you center the trim tab before you program it.:D

I would try programming it again, If that does not work I would give Novak a call..Just make sure you center the trim tab before you program it.:D

x2. That "should" fix it.

ok so i figured the problem...it was me! i got too excited and completely skipped the setup for the remote..just assumed cause i didnt change the receiver i didnt need to adjust any of that.. so i did the setup and programed the esc to the radio and now it works perfectly :D lol i tend to get carried away and just wanna drive it..especially after an upgrade. Thanks again for all the help..o one more question..my steering servo makes a constant buzzing noise (90% of the time) is that normal?

Yeah the humming noise is pretty normal, specially with the Hi-torque digital servos. Also if you get a Computer style radio you will get more benefit out of your steering servo because it will turn farther and you can program how far it turns in both directions with the EPA's.

I just bought a losi night crawler at the rcx.. And i want to put a good set up in it.. I was thinking about a novack set up.. But i dont know what kind..

i got the goat 3s sytem and really like it..the xceliron is supposed to be good too

I'm using the Novack Mongoose 18.5 t for the Mini Rock Crawler and really like the wheel speed on 2s. The nice thing about the crawler specific ESC/Motor combo is that they are set up for 100% drag brake out of the box. The Novack is also a sensored motor and that will help prevent cogging on take-off.

Back