Losi MINI-T 2.0 project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi YourConfused

Nice collection of rc cars.
I’m running the stock version. Exactly like the one advertised here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/312864362080?epid=24035171932&hash=item48d82b4e60:g:svoAAOSwN8hd3tb8

I’m driving on the street and light gravel. Will use curbs to jump off of. Nothing more than 1ft high. On soft suspension theseare fun to carve.

“I'm curious to see what you think of the steering and what upgrade you find that works well.”
Sorry can’t comment on the servo… no experience. The stock one is working fine for me. I am enjoying the stock servo and transmitter. I’m happy with steering response from $150.00 rc car.

I did have the drivers side lower perch mount seperate from the spring. Thankfully I did not lose the mount. If the car was going 40+ I would probably start losing spring mounts like you have.

I could see a professional managing a 45mph mini-b on a closed track. Mini-t would be more of a challenge because the center of gravity is not ideal.
Maybe you need a traxxas x-maxx or team associated mt-10 to survive the bashing your giving the car?

I noticed mine is leaking differential fluid on the drivers side. A youtuber commented about that problem also.

60mph is mental lol. Any videos?
Thanks, that's just a few of my cars and I'm trying to convince myself to get rid of several because I'd like to replace one of the 8ight's with a tekno EB and get a shaft drive speedster like a Hobao Vte. I'll probably sell the Lasernut and S64 carbon first.

I found the stock servo on the mini b to not center well and replaced it after just 1 battery pack. After seeing videos of people jumping theirs and the hang time they got, i was sold. Sadly I've yet to get to jump mine after the first attempt ended in half the car falling apart, front and rear suspension and links popped off as well as steering, which also resulted in losing one of the rear dog bones and a couple of the lower spring perches. Such i bummer that i didn't even drive it again for a month. After that it's never been jumped, but only driven on the street in front of my house, so i wouldn't say that i really bash it much at all.

I'm not sure what you're seeing regarding the leaking diff fluid, because these cars have a ball diff and there isn't any fluid in there because there's nothing to seal in any fluid like a gear diff has. If the differential was a gear type i would really like the car, but as is, i find the power delivery to be crap and it makes the car super hard to drive when it only wants to burn out whichever rear tire is unloaded, suspension wise, which just compounds the issue. In real cars this was called a "peg leg" and only good for 1 wheel smoke delivery. Lol

I tried using silicon ear plugs to keep the rear diff from performing as mentioned above, but that didn't work out as planned. I suppose if i took it apart and played with things multiple times it might be better but i don't have time to deal with that when i hardly have the time to drive it in the first place. I think i should have gotten the mini-t, but they didn't offer the pro-roller in that and the mini b looked cool next to my TLR XXX BK, so that's what i ended up with.

I'm glad you're enjoying yours. Good luck with it and i hope yours treats you well for years to come. I attached some pics of the other toys. My newest is the RC4WD Bully2 and E10. They are a blast to drive, despite their top speeds being about 3mph. 😂

PXL_20221020_232555280.jpg

PXL_20221020_232549133.jpg

IMG_20230910_165115598.jpg

PXL_20220511_215522350.jpg

IMG_20230910_162317322.jpg

PXL_20230716_223849624.jpg

PXL_20230716_222755492.jpg

PXL_20230716_222804366.jpg

Thanks, that's just a few of my cars and I'm trying to convince myself to get rid of several because I'd like to replace one of the 8ight's with a tekno EB and get a shaft drive speedster like a Hobao Vte. I'll probably sell the Lasernut and S64 carbon first.

I found the stock servo on the mini b to not center well and replaced it after just 1 battery pack. After seeing videos of people jumping theirs and the hang time they got, i was sold. Sadly I've yet to get to jump mine after the first attempt ended in half the car falling apart, front and rear suspension and links popped off as well as steering, which also resulted in losing one of the rear dog bones and a couple of the lower spring perches. Such i bummer that i didn't even drive it again for a month. After that it's never been jumped, but only driven on the street in front of my house, so i wouldn't say that i really bash it much at all.

I'm not sure what you're seeing regarding the leaking diff fluid, because these cars have a ball diff and there isn't any fluid in there because there's nothing to seal in any fluid like a gear diff has. If the differential was a gear type i would really like the car, but as is, i find the power delivery to be crap and it makes the car super hard to drive when it only wants to burn out whichever rear tire is unloaded, suspension wise, which just compounds the issue. In real cars this was called a "peg leg" and only good for 1 wheel smoke delivery. Lol

I tried using silicon ear plugs to keep the rear diff from performing as mentioned above, but that didn't work out as planned. I suppose if i took it apart and played with things multiple times it might be better but i don't have time to deal with that when i hardly have the time to drive it in the first place. I think i should have gotten the mini-t, but they didn't offer the pro-roller in that and the mini b looked cool next to my TLR XXX BK, so that's what i ended up with.

I'm glad you're enjoying yours. Good luck with it and i hope yours treats you well for years to come. I attached some pics of the other toys. My newest is the RC4WD Bully2 and E10. They are a blast to drive, despite their top speeds being about 3mph. 😂

View attachment 173787

View attachment 173788

View attachment 173789

View attachment 173790

View attachment 173791

View attachment 173792

View attachment 173793

View attachment 173794

Here is the leak I was referring to.

Nice collection! You are very big into the hobby :).

How much are you asking for the 8ight?

IMG_8363.jpeg

October.27.2023 update

-rear bumper arrived, installed and vinyl wrapped. Looks great! Pleased with the cosmetic results.
-used some fishing reel lubricant to lube the wheel bearing.
-greased the axle joints again.
-drivers side of the differential is leaking
-washed the body and chassis
-reverse stopped working (lame)
-running soft front suspension and medium/hard rear suspension. Steering is more responsive now. (It wasn't bad before)
-zipped tied the front bumper down. Not sure if the threads were stripped or screws. Never fits properly on the front bumper. Zip ties working out fine.
-rotated the tires. Will need new ones soon. Tires went bald.
-but yeah fun little rc car. Been driving it in parking lots and outside commercial buildings for some light offroad action.
-would like to resolve the no reverse.
-find it the most fun on a short narrow tack with light gravel, small jumps and carving corners.

Attachments

• IMG_8361.jpeg
    IMG_8361.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8360.jpeg
    IMG_8360.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8354.jpeg
    IMG_8354.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8352.jpeg
    IMG_8352.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8353.jpeg
    IMG_8353.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8355.jpeg
    IMG_8355.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8347.jpeg
    IMG_8347.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8346.jpeg
    IMG_8346.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 23
That’s just the grease they use to lubricate the diff. They tend to get warm and whatever kind of grease they use starts to liquify and ooze out the sides. More of a mess than a concern.
Excellent to hear, thanks!

Update October.28.2023
-reverse still not working. Need to sort out
-went full firm on suspension. Will keep this setting for a while
-was able to make the car faster fallowing the instructions 😎👍😎
-need to order new tires
-need to adjust front suspension geometry
-besides that, very fun to play with

UPDATE NOVEMBER 04.2023

-been working great :)
-reverse randomly started working again
-need tires soon.

IMG_8443.jpeg

Update: Nov.07.2023
-been going to a skate park. It’s holding up well. Would not make the car faster to avoid serious damage.
-rear spoiler disconnected on one side (easy fix)
-body pins started falling off. Changed over to paper clips.
-almost lost a shock mount
-adjusted the speed and made it slower in different parts of the skate park.
-fun!

First video:

IMG_8495.jpeg

IMG_8496.jpeg

IMG_8497.jpeg

IMG_8498.jpeg

IMG_8499.jpeg

IMG_8500.jpeg

IMG_8529.jpeg

IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8526.jpeg

Last edited:
New tires arrived. So much more grip. Night and day difference.

-Car is really enjoyable to drive on the gravel/dirt with new tires.
- On concrete, the fronts have too much grip and the car wants to (and has) roll over when turning too sharply.
-Will run the worn out front tires at the skate park or on concrete from now on.
-rear spoiler broke off from too many crashes. Ordered an aftermarket one off of ebay.

Overall, a fun and durable little basher.

IMG_8593.jpeg

IMG_8599.jpeg

IMG_8601.jpeg

IMG_8608.jpeg

Last edited:
That wing arrived…. meh. Poorly 3d printed and the included bolts are too long. Can’t believe someone would create that.
Ziptied it in place. Would not buy again.

Batteries and adapers arrived. Car is a bit faster and longer run times. Great upgrade!

Been having fun driving in light mud and light gravel conditions.

IMG_8794.jpeg

IMG_8791.jpeg

IMG_8789.jpeg