Losi MINI-T 2.0 project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapman951

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
October.09.2023

Ordered a slightly used Losi Mini-t 2.0 off of eBay.com. Will be nice to have an RC car to drive. Really like the suspension set-up on these.

IMG_8100.jpeg

IMG_8101.jpeg

IMG_8102.jpeg

Last edited:
I like my Mini B. Racing it. In a mod / open class. For indoor carpet. The T would be a better basher due to the higher ride height. Ask me anything. I know these cars pretty good. 👍
PXL_20230917_031952081.jpg

I like my Mini B. Racing it. In a mod / open class. For indoor carpet. The T would be a better basher due to the higher ride height. Ask me anything. I know these cars pretty good. 👍View attachment 173164
Your mini-b looks great. Thanks, will ask questions if needed. One of the primary reasons I choose the Mini-T was for the ride height.
October.13.2023
RC car arrived. Looks overall in great shape.

IMG_8107.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

IMG_8109.jpeg

What’s missing:
-Battery charger (ordered a new one)
-Body clips (ordered new ones)
-Instruction Manual (printed one out from online)

Went through and cleaned EVERYTHING with 70% isopropyl alcohol. Paper towels and q-tips worked great. Axles were particularly dirty. Everything cleaned up nicely. Wiped down the controller too.

Car seems to be driven indoors primarily (or only). The bottom metal chassis frame is in fantastic shape.

Noticed the rear bumper has a piece missing.

IMG_8104.jpeg

Added fresh grease to the axle joints.

Tightened the coil-overs to full stiffness and moved the shocks to highest height setting. Will adjust as needed.

So yeah… the eBay listing is as described and as pictured.
IMG_8106.jpeg

IMG_8103.jpeg

IMG_8099.png

IMG_8105.jpeg

Last edited:
Battery is such a pain to install and uninstall. Dremeled out some of the plastic and now it’s super easy to install amd uninstall

IMG_8116.jpeg

IMG_8115.jpeg

Full stiff suspension
All clean :).
Forgot to take a picture of the metal chassis frame but it is rear MINT. Want to preserve it. Wrapped it in some checkered flag vinyl wrap I had left over from a previous build. Looks great!

Attachments

• IMG_8124.jpeg
    IMG_8124.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8125.jpeg
    IMG_8125.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8117.jpeg
    IMG_8117.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8118.jpeg
    IMG_8118.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8119.jpeg
    IMG_8119.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8120.jpeg
    IMG_8120.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8121.jpeg
    IMG_8121.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8122.jpeg
    IMG_8122.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8112.jpeg
    IMG_8112.jpeg
    655.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8113.jpeg
    IMG_8113.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8111.jpeg
    IMG_8111.jpeg
    443.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
If you like the mini-t you’d really like the mini-b. It’s so much more planted and it just floats through the air like a dream. 🤙View attachment 173202View attachment 173203

Thanks for the info! Great collection. Which front bumper is on your mini-t? Is there a rear bumper?

UPDATE
The spoiler looks “unfinished “in the rear. I want ahead and vinyl wrapped it. Looks awesome!

IMG_8029.jpeg

IMG_8030.jpeg

IMG_8039.jpeg

IMG_8040.jpeg

IMG_8042.jpeg

IMG_8043.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

IMG_8060.jpeg

IMG_8114.jpeg

RPM makes a front bumper for the T/B. I think is what that is. There is a rear bumper, but it really isn't a bumper.

I seen 2 Mini Ts at our track. It's.mostly Bs that race. As Ts don't have much popularity and since this is high bite, super high bite carpet, they like to wheelie flip and roll for days, while the B stays planted as it's longer and lower.
Here is the stock losi rear bumper. It's a little thing. I don't have mine on, for some reason. Probably because it was a hit hard to install when doing my rebuild.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231015-161259~2.png
    Screenshot_20231015-161259~2.png
    630.4 KB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20231015_201317406.jpg
    PXL_20231015_201317406.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 27
RPM makes a front bumper for the T/B. I think is what that is. There is a rear bumper, but it really isn't a bumper.

I seen 2 Mini Ts at our track. It's.mostly Bs that race. As Ts don't have much popularity and since this is high bite, super high bite carpet, they like to wheelie flip and roll for days, while the B stays planted as it's longer and lower.
Here is the stock losi rear bumper. It's a little thing. I don't have mine on, for some reason. Probably because it was a hit hard to install when doing my rebuild.

Thanks again for info. Hopefully the stock version does not roll and wheelie too easily. Will be able to test this one out when the charger arrives.

Thanks again for info. Hopefully the stock version does not roll and wheelie too easily. Will be able to test this one out when the charger arrives.
Oh yea, when it's stock, brushed, it should be fine and drive able. But once you upgrade to brushless it's all over the place. Lol. I seen a lot of people put little brass or steel weights in the front, to keep it down, and lower the ride height.
But this was high bite carpet, so let's say like low traction dirt, should still be fine. Maybe add some throttle expo, or limit the throttle epa to get used to it. 👍

Decided to wrap the front of the spoiler too. I transferred the OEM sticker that was on the front of the spoiler to the rear. Looks great!

IMG_8126.jpeg

IMG_8130.jpeg

Cut out the windows. Help with cooling and think it looks better. Need to find a proper sanding block to straighten up the cuts . Added some black tape to the inside of the body.
Not much to do now. Waiting for the battery charger and body clips to arrive. I am looking for a front and rear bumper. Would like something that I can checkered vinyl wrap.

Looking forward to driving it around.

Attachments

• IMG_8135.jpeg
    IMG_8135.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8134.jpeg
    IMG_8134.jpeg
    517.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8133.jpeg
    IMG_8133.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8131.jpeg
    IMG_8131.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
More on this. This is my friend.
This is with it stock brushed:
And here it is with brushless upgrade:

Fun! Charger arrived amd additonal battery. Glad to have an extra battery for longer run times.
Runs well on the street, loose debris and a little bit of gravel. Gets stuck in all other terrian.
Will pop a wheelie on indoor carpet.

Plenty of speed, turning ability and fun!

No videos allowed to be uploaded?

IMG_8203.jpeg

IMG_8202.jpeg

IMG_8201.jpeg

IMG_8200.jpeg

Waiting on front + rear bumper to arrive.

You can upload videos. What I do is upload it to youtube first, mark it as unlisted, and copy / paste the link here to your / a thread and the video pops up here.

I lost 3 of the 4 lower spring perches the first time I ran my mini B and you can't buy them by themselves so it made the car useless until I replace all four shocks. Also found the ball diff impossible to tune, to keep it from being a one wheel drive, which causes it to not run straight and try to do donuts constantly. I bought the pro roller and used the HW mini brushless system which is crazy powerful but overheats quickly. I think mine goes around 45mph, because it's about as fast as my TLR mini 8ight which i had a police officer clocking with his radar gun at 54-59 mph in a school parking lot. I thought this would be awesome to jump because of the light weight but before jumping i found the ball cups, on the front and rear suspension as well as the steering, to pop off on things like cracks in the road so it definitely can't withstand landing any type of jump. I replaced them with RPM and I think they're actually worse than the stock plastics because the RPM plastic seems way softer and therefore pops off of the ball studs stupid easily. Maybe the mini-t is better suited to bashing adventures?
Maybe i just need to learn how to drive? Lol
I'm curious to see what you think of the steering and what upgrade you find that works well. I went with a ridiculously expensive AGFRC mini servo because the stock servo, which i had to buy because the roller didn't come with mounts or anything and the factory servo included what i need to install a servo with, but ended up only being able to find a plastic servo horn the correct size. So I've had to super glue the plastic horn together several times now. I wish the nice aluminum Losi horn fit but the spline count didn't fit in the 25 count AGFRC servo. My mini b currently has every piece of plastic, except the chassis side bars and pinion gear cover, replaced with aluminum after i ran it full speed into a parked truck tire. Lol

PXL_20220413_220523059.jpg

PXL_20220611_220139045.jpg

PXL_20220509_083656154.jpg

PXL_20220509_083627900.jpg

PXL_20220429_193008154.jpg

Last edited:
I lost 3 of the 4 lower spring perches the first time I ran my mini B and you can't buy them by themselves so it made the car useless until I replace all four shocks. Also found the ball diff impossible to tune, to keep it from being a one wheel drive, which causes it to not run straight and try to do donuts constantly. I bought the pro roller and used the HW mini brushless system which is crazy powerful but overheats quickly. I think mine goes around 45mph, because it's about as fast as my TLR mini 8ight which i had a police officer clocking with his radar gun at 54-59 mph in a school parking lot. I thought this would be awesome to jump because of the light weight but before jumping i found the ball cups, on the front and rear suspension as well as the steering, to pop off on things like cracks in the road so it definitely can't withstand landing any type of jump. I replaced them with RPM and I think they're actually worse than the stock plastics because the RPM plastic seems way softer and therefore pops off of the ball studs stupid easily. Maybe the mini-t is better suited to bashing adventures?
Maybe i just need to learn how to drive? Lol
I'm curious to see what you think of the steering and what upgrade you find that works well. I went with a ridiculously expensive AGFRC mini servo because the stock servo, which i had to buy because the roller didn't come with mounts or anything and the factory servo included what i need to install a servo with, but ended up only being able to find a plastic servo horn the correct size. So I've had to super glue the plastic horn together several times now. I wish the nice aluminum Losi horn fit but the spline count didn't fit in the 25 count AGFRC servo. My mini b currently has every piece of plastic, except the chassis side bars and pinion gear cover, replaced with aluminum after i ran it full speed into a parked truck tire. Lol

View attachment 173638

View attachment 173639

View attachment 173640

View attachment 173641

View attachment 173642

Hi YourConfused

Nice collection of rc cars.
I’m running the stock version. Exactly like the one advertised here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/312864362080?epid=24035171932&hash=item48d82b4e60:g:svoAAOSwN8hd3tb8

I’m driving on the street and light gravel. Will use curbs to jump off of. Nothing more than 1ft high. On soft suspension theseare fun to carve.

“I'm curious to see what you think of the steering and what upgrade you find that works well.”
Sorry can’t comment on the servo… no experience. The stock one is working fine for me. I am enjoying the stock servo and transmitter. I’m happy with steering response from $150.00 rc car.

I did have the drivers side lower perch mount seperate from the spring. Thankfully I did not lose the mount. If the car was going 40+ I would probably start losing spring mounts like you have.

I could see a professional managing a 45mph mini-b on a closed track. Mini-t would be more of a challenge because the center of gravity is not ideal.
Maybe you need a traxxas x-maxx or team associated mt-10 to survive the bashing your giving the car?

I noticed mine is leaking differential fluid on the drivers side. A youtuber commented about that problem also.

60mph is mental lol. Any videos?

Last edited:
Update: October.24.2023
-Front bumper arrived. Wrapped it in checkered flag. Happy with look Waiting on rear bumper to arrive.
-Body/shell is complete now. sanded the areas I cut with a knife. Added some black tape to the body. Added “RPM” decal.
I really like how it turned out. Hopefully the rear spoiler does not break off. Looks like it might on a hardcrash. Need to drive it carefully.
-went “full soft” on suspension. Want to experiment with the different suspension set-ups. It has not rolled on the street, but has rolled hitting bumps and sticks.
-some seepage on the drivers sode of the differential case. Need to monitor.
-but yeah i have driven around 4 hours now. Very fun car to slide around on wet grounds and drive around corners. Need to start recording.

IMG_8264.jpeg

IMG_8263.jpeg

IMG_8262.jpeg

IMG_8261.jpeg

IMG_8260.jpeg

IMG_8256.jpeg

IMG_8254.jpeg

IMG_8255.jpeg

IMG_8253.jpeg

IMG_8251.jpeg

-top threads that connect aftermarket front bumper to chassis are stripped or are not correct hardware. Will probably use a zip tie to remedy the problem.
-wish the car had door mirrors. Wouod look more realistic.

Attachments

• IMG_8250.jpeg
    IMG_8250.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8249.jpeg
    IMG_8249.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8247.jpeg
    IMG_8247.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8246.jpeg
    IMG_8246.jpeg