Losi 5ive-T 4WD

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow adam drake is funny he puts a nitro sticker on his 1/5 scale... Novarossi was nitro motors last I seen...maybe its just because he is sponsored by them..:\

Either the sponsorship thing or the nitro has rotted his brain, flee.

I am not sure how I missed this one but I am really liking it. This is what HPI SHOULD have done a long time ago. I really like the layout....other than the possable weight distribution problem Mike mentioned. I am thinking this thing is going to be super easy to work on. I am not a super fan of Losi (don't ask me why...I don't know) but this thing is what I envisioned a 1/5 should really be. I think I may have found my next major purchace. Sorry HPI ....your soon-to-be gasser Savage just lost cool points.
Like you guys did I checked out the price tag and oh my that is hefty....but on the bright side they rarely sell for full MSRP on retail websites. I am guessing in the high $1400 price range.

Last edited:
LargeScaleRC.com is taking pre-orders now on the Losi, $1,599 and you can save $80 by using coupon code LSF.

FastEddy is(was) in NY at the Hostile BajaFest where the LOSI made it's official debut. He was saying that the motor takes less than 2 minutes to remove. As anybody who has removed a motor from a Baja knows. You can remove the LOSI motor a half dozen times or more before you even get the Baja motor out once. LOL

I'm sold and have informed the wife that the Xmas tree this year will be sitting on the 5ive-T.

I'm really considering selling my baja so I can get my hands on one of these Losi machines.

Ease of maintenance aside, these are 2 important cost saving factors that the Five has over the 5SC.

The realistic cage provides added durability to the assembly absorbing impacts as well as a solid base for the modular body. The unique design allows the body and cage to be removed with only four screws and four body clips in seconds.

The four-piece body individual panels to be replaced in the event that it becomes damaged so an entire body does not need to be purchased to get the vehicle back to the factory look. Clear panels and stickers are sold separately to create your own look or retain the factory schemes.

A Team Chase cage for the 5SC would set you back about $190.
An HPI 5SC body would set you back about $199. I'm thinking that individual 5ive body panels will be in the $30-40 range.

Clearly LOSI did its homework and addressed some of the shortcomings of the Baja.

Last edited:
They should offer financing! Through someone like Sheffield or similar. That would be great.

Yup Losi did a hell of a job thinking this one out. They are really late in the game but that allowed them to adress all the short-comings that other models have suffered through. I was worried about it until I saw that roll-cage....then though, Damn that is NICE. I am glad they went with front and rear brakes that has always been a thing I have hated about RWD rc's...rear only brakes kinda suck. I will not be getting it this year but I am going to have to see what I can stash back to fund this bad boy. Wish Tower would pick up Losi so I could stack up some discounts because shipping kills me here.

I'm really considering selling my baja so I can get my hands on one of these Losi machines.

I'm with you woodie. There will be some baja parts for sale this weekend. :)

I will be selling a few RC's and a lot of Baja parts I no longer need in the coming weeks that's for sure.

I need to clean up my off-road 5B so I can sell it if I decide to do so as well.

I can't wait to get my sweaty hands on a 5ive.

Metric hardware.:thumbup:

it looks good,i think it could be a hit & also think it could be very robust
losi seem to be very confident about it's build quality.

would be intresting when somebody gets one and does a review!

dan

Back