Looking for a Body.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokenrachet

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello there,
Forgive me, I am new to this fourm. It may seem my post title is way out there. I am trying to find a 1950ish Chevy or Gmc body, or shell to fit a small rock crawler. I have an elderly uncle that had a 1952 chevrolet 3100 when he was younger. I guess I am trying to bring back memories of days of long ago. I have seen 1/10 scale, but I am hoping for something smaller 1/24 1/18 or 1/16. I know people 3d print stuff like this all the time. If someone could point me in the right direction I would most certainly appreciate it. Thanks

Hello there,
Forgive me, I am new to this fourm. It may seem my post title is way out there. I am trying to find a 1950ish Chevy or Gmc body, or shell to fit a small rock crawler. I have an elderly uncle that had a 1952 chevrolet 3100 when he was younger. I guess I am trying to bring back memories of days of long ago. I have seen 1/10 scale, but I am hoping for something smaller 1/24 1/18 or 1/16. I know people 3d print stuff like this all the time. If someone could point me in the right direction I would most certainly appreciate it. Thanks

Welcome to the group! :) Your best bet is looking for old plastic model kits and adapting them.

Pro-line makes one but, it's 1/10th. FMS makes a 1/18th Apache but, that's newer. And 6X6. Your best bet is going to be either an actual model kit or diecast and adapting it to fit.

If you grab an Axial SCX24 you can fit a lot of the AMT or Revell model kit bodies on them with a little fidlling around. You just have to make some body mounts. You can do that with styrene and magnets or velcro. Here is a body
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1762846769...NCCKxqlTp2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

And here is the RC I would start out with
https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-...scale-mini-crawler-silver-axi00001t2/p1172074

If you decide to do it, come here and start a build thread and we can help you along the way.

This in an AMT Coca Cola van model kit body on an SCX24 Deadbolt chassis.
20220329_115559.jpg

20220329_115555.jpg

20220403_180022.jpg

20220417_155142.jpg

Or just get the FCX18 K5 Blazer. I think he's lookin for something a tad bit older tho.

O, and welcome to RCT!
Yeah, he's wanting a '53 Chevy truck body. A far cry different from a C10 Blazer 😆

Thanks to all of y'all now I have to see which will be the best fit. Thanks again.