Look what i found! no idea what I'm doing...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Was out with the SO on a little walk and came across this in a trash pile. It all looks solid, and it seems that all the electronics are in place excluding the TX and the battery. I also found an extra main wing! Its a J-3 Cub brushless.

now. i need a TX, and a battery. i know that much. but I've never flown anything except a small blade chopper, so any suggestions or advice is welcome.

oh and since you love pics, here ya go.
20140928_194110.jpg

20140928_194056.jpg

20140928_194531.jpg

20140928_194514.jpg

20140928_194425.jpg

20140928_194417.jpg

20140928_194112.jpg

Are you kidding me? It looks brand new! Wow, what a find. Enjoy, enjoy.
Its a little dusty, but you should know how that is. :)

Anyone have a controler that would work? its ch2. also need a battery. looks like tower doesn't carry this brand. what are some other big name sites that i could source parts from? I have a local shop, but i doubt they will have the TX.

They do bind with Spektrum radios. A DX5 or DX6 would do nicely. I'd lean toward the DX6 as it is easier to program dual rates and the like. Nice score!

I just gave a spektrum dx5 away last week :( i would have gladly sent it your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
this one is listed as channel 2. is that one that will bind?

anyone else have anything? i dont want to drop a ton of cash into it until i know if i like it.

it says channel 2 on the bottom. and the controllers are sold as "channel 1" "channel 2" I assume it is similar to the crystals that are used on the AM radios. wasn't sure if there was a way for this type to be binded to a radio with spectrum technology.

That may be one that isn't a Spektrum version. You can pick up a 2.4 GHz system for them cheaply though.

Back