Longer tie rods?????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

806mastadon

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I put an empty lower and upper a arn kit on the rear of my 1/16 erevo vxl. Now my tires are way toed out. Do I nee loneger tie rods?????

8F9402D1-20F9-41BE-89E3-1EDCF5B7B84C.jpeg

I put an empty lower and upper a arn kit on the rear of my 1/16 erevo vxl. Now my tires are way toed out. Do I nee loneger tie rods?????

8F9402D1-20F9-41BE-89E3-1EDCF5B7B84C.jpeg
Rpm!!!! Not empty
Shorter tie rod with screw in turn bucklsI am apprehensive to run this car right now

Shorter tie rod with screw in turn bucklsI am apprehensive to run this car right now
Do I need to put on longer tie rods??? Not shorter

I don't think you have the arms on correctly. If I remember right, you should have the RPM logo on the top side of the arms. The "curved" part of the arm on the rear should be towards the back. Well... the more curved part. On the front, the straight edged part of the arm should be towards the front.

Your upper left rear arm is on backwards.

Once you get the arms on right, you adjust the pillow balls in the axle carriers by threading them in/out to adjust the toe with the static tie rods.

This is my merv with RPM arms, older photo than the bottom shot below, but it's the only photo I have that shows the top of the chassis straight down:
2023-0314-merv-top.jpg

This is the bottom view:
2023-0317-merv-bottom.jpg

I have adjustable turnbuckles for the front/rear, but they fit fine with the stock ones as well and I adjusted toe by screwing the carrier pillow balls in/out.

Agreed. The left rear upper arm is installed upside down. can't really see the lower ones.

I don't think you have the arms on correctly. If I remember right, you should have the RPM logo on the top side of the arms. The "curved" part of the arm on the rear should be towards the back. Well... the more curved part. On the front, the straight edged part of the arm should be towards the front.

Once you get the arms on right, you adjust the pillow balls in the axle carriers by threading them in/out to adjust the toe with the static tie rods.

This is my merv with RPM arms, older photo than the bottom shot below, but it's the only photo I have that shows the top of the chassis straight down:
2023-0314-merv-top.jpg

This is the bottom view:

I have adjustable turnbuckles for the front/rear, but they fit fine with the stock ones as well and I adjusted toe by screwing the carrier pillow balls in/out.

2023-0314-merv-top.jpg

This is the bottom view:

Your right. Thank you