Kraton 6s steering servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshaf

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Just purchased used kraton 6s. Truck runs great, only issue is steering very weak and sluggish. Truck struggles to turn the wheels standing still on pavement. Imagine a stronger servo will solve this. Any recommendations on steering servo to go with?

Stronger servo. More torquey and speedy servo. Idk too much about bigger cars so idk what size servos they use. I think it's standard size? Couple of my race buddies use NitroPro servos, but they are high 💲💲 servos.

35kg or 40kg servo & HD aluminum adjustable servo saver will do the trick. Any 6s aluminum servo saver will suffice. So many servos out there. Many start out with a DS35 servo. Both of those are price friendly.

Here ya go. E bay or Amazon. Servo comes with a 25t horn.

Screenshot_20240330_095003_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240330_095110_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
I tortured a lower budget servo for the sake of seeing how much it could take. The servo has jumped from RC to RC. After a year of abuse, in the Kraton, it had developed a good amount of slop and broke a tooth or two.
1711840866931.png

Luckily, the servo can be fixed with a replacement set of gears.
If I had the money to do so, I'd put these servos in all my 1/8 scale RCs...
1711840329806.png
IMG_20220710_085753053.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't splurge on every RC so I'm always on the lookout for good deals on things like servos. My number one requirement for a servo is it must have replacement gear sets available for purchase should something bad happen. For the Kraton, I'd would recommend no less than 30kg of torque for a servo. Servo speed? Well, for me, 0.14 sec/60° is the cutoff. Don't forget to take your ESC's BEC output into consideration when choosing a servo.

What servo are you running now?

Back