Killers 'Black n Blue' JK Rubi Brute Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope man, I'm 4 hours from salt lake and havent had any in a long time, very very mild winter.

Wat the hell you doin out here? I wanna RC it up with ya buddy!

Yeahhh I finally figured out how to keep the JK shell on the truck and still take the body off without any trouble!!

For those who have an aftermarket bumper of any sort or dont use the spare tire hanger, drill a.hole center of the back window and use that to hold your rear! And the front you simply attach the shell on the front verticle colums only on the top akd attach the windshield to the bottom hole on the same column. Now I used ankle wrap tape for my hinge system and it works and looks alright with awesome adhesion to the body!
urubu2ab.jpg

Then attached an arm to the cage to prop it up using an ole dingo alloy link and a rod end without the pivot ball in it.

This setup is the best way IMO to rig it up to open, stay securely attached and get the body off with ease! Only took 2 hours for the idea to surface and maybe 40m actual work time.
jy3uma9y.jpg

Also attached my home made snorkle tonight and I think it looks allllright!
ryba7etu.jpg

*edit* And I just glanced at my front end and realized the servo and cms are right in the way of a front mounted pack, damn!
I just glanced at my REAR end and realized the new pants are too loose.

Yeah.... Thats what I think about the painting after 10+ hours of stroking :hehe:

More tonight!
Your hand is obviously WAY to worn out to paint. Give it a break.

Got a real good run in today, scaled a total of 2.4 miles which is INSANE for me!! Also the best trail I have ever hit and got some EPIC footage too.

I even got the nerve to see just how WP she is, and turns out she is 100%! Had her in water passed the chassis a few times and some maybe too deep but shes still breathing!! can't tell from the potato camera this was shot with but it is scaling up a waterfall with water rushing through the wheels n such

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395621467035.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395621467035.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Beautifully done. Great details, especially the blue on the wheel rims. The real skill in detailing is not to have people go, "Hey, look what he did there", but not even notice it because it's there on the real one.
Just a tip from me. I'd open the front grill. All the real ones are open. :)
It takes several scores with an X-acto and a small stone in a Dremel, but well worth the final look.

Beautiful job, love the interior.

I have always wanted to do the open grill on every jeep I have driven but scared of bad cuts resulting in a bad look.. I have a pretty steady hand with an xacto thanks to my prior job as a stained glass artisan that required a steady and accurate drive with a glass cutter.

I agree with the small details that arent seen by the average glancing eyes but when you look close you see all the small touches and wonder how they did it. On the wheels I simply sharpened the paint brush handle tip and carefully put the tip into the lip and let the paint run into the groove, wiped the tip then drew the paint all the way around resulting in a near perfect job.

Been awhile since my last update, but been feeding my nitro side of the addiction a bit. But got the first video done and is my maiden voyage.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
A bad azz vid with some bad azz tunes man awesome I love it!:D

Thanks man, I went spent 3 hours editing and 4 songs with the best beat sync to the footage. Hope the effects within the video weren't too much and hope nobody has a seizure from watching it haha.

Great looking Jeep! I always love a Jeep build.

Thanks NC, I like this Jeep setup & look the best out of all I have had.

The video was sweet, very well done.

Thanks Curtis that means an awfull lot to me indeed! I am in mid act on part 2, at the same time trying to pull a transmission from my MGT...

Not sure multi tasking is my major selling point thats for sure!!

Well to set the scene for part 2 of my JK Expedition, I am 175mi from home in the midst of the Utahs unforgiving desert. No pics with the rig present, but some scenic pictures of the surrounding area and a very famous, monsterous cave inhabited by native americans. I will be chopping the footage up tonight and having it posted soon, enjoy!

pyny4ejy.jpg

hugymyhu.jpg

ujuqary2.jpg

enurequv.jpg

5agy5u7a.jpg

ny7y3ube.jpg

I'm not saying anthing about the cave being true....But!

I happen know first hand the last two pics look nothing like native americans,.....HaHaHa.

I'm not saying anthing about the cave being true....But!

I happen know first hand the last two pics look nothing like native americans,.....HaHaHa.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe they look different in Utah?

Haha yeah the indians here in Utah shapeshift into differant animals and such :hehe:
From the cave looking out
3amu5eny.jpg

Alright I finally worked up the courage to get the next video put together. Let me just tell you I never get them done faster each time, I nail a learned rythym then add on top for better fx. This video took about 4-5 hours from very begining to finished product, including all of my mistakes and things that had to be re-done.. All in all its always fun to watch in the end!

I also learned how to finalize my movies on WMM for the best possible resolution so I hope it works. Will be uploading it as soon as I get to a PC with the world wide web. Heres a teaser until then..

8a2aje9u.jpg