Killers 'Black n Blue' JK Rubi Brute Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to plug 2 packs in, and have 10,000 mah of NiMH juice. Prob make my rig work great with 2 lead sticks strapped to the ass of it.... lol

Eww nevermind dont need crazy driver and crazier driving.. I have a Traxxas plug to rx style plug. Can I use that Y connecter and the rx one to run lights pr anything?

^^^? Any ideas on that?

------

Have a bundle of pics coming soon, just as soon as I get to a pc. Finally done spraying the body but not so much on the hand paints.....

Alrighty, here we go!

The planning stages of the color scheme for the exterior of the body.

Start by sectioning each part you want to paint, and write color codes on each section so you remember what color it is and picture it in your head. Then start Xacto cutting it very carefully and precise
DSCF5479_zpscdba9707.jpg

You can spray only once if you desire so pick the biggest plot of the color and peel away to spray! after that its all up to you with how good you are with a steady brush in hand.
DSCF5486_zps043e051e.jpg

Love this Tough Armor bumper! I had to flip the mounting bracket upside down to fit because the battery tray was in the way..
DSCF5485_zps09fbff40.jpg

DSCF5484_zps2265f1ef.jpg

FINALLY got the last bit of rattle canning done!

Shell
DSCF5488_zps67092e71.jpg

This camera gives this paint no credit...

Pearlescent clear backed with black results in a dark metallic gray/black with a beautiful shimmer of midnight blue in the sun. This is just a sample, better shots coming once I am done painting the main bodies exterior.
DSCF5493_zps0b0c3939.jpg

Mock Ups
DSCF5494_zpsc727a606.jpg

DSCF5495_zps7070210d.jpg

DSCF5496_zpsd1a3dfed.jpg

DSCF5500_zps1bb9bd53.jpg

DSCF5490_zpsd9880313.jpg

DSCF5501_zps884aa558.jpg

Yeah.... Thats what I think about the painting after 10+ hours of stroking :hehe:
DSCF5498_zps44e8e7b6.jpg

More tonight!

Damn almost done painting!! One more color to paint tomorrow, a little carbon fiber sticker sheet fun then bolt ot all up and I can reveal its true beauty to my eyes and RCNTs!!

At work today I made up my mind on cutting the back of the cage off and installing a woody bed like the old trucks with real wood strips that I cut in the shop today. But only after I am done painting I should be done here in about an hour...

Thats looking great bro!

You got way more patients then me, I would have rattle caned it and been done, LOL! But I guess that is why yours will look bad A$$! Looking great so far.

Damn almost done painting!! One more color to paint tomorrow, a little carbon fiber sticker sheet fun then bolt ot all up and I can reveal its true beauty to my eyes and RCNTs!!

Painting carbon fiber is half the fun. lol

Looking good. I'm loving all the detail painting you've done so far.

Thanks guys I got all the painting just gotta throw decals on it and apply some carbon fiber stickers and ill take some pictures!!

Camera phone sucks suck theres the idea of the finished paint job.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394715985804.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394715985804.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 188
Well everything is bolted up just doing my beadlocks now and she will be ready for the trails by this weekend!! Tomorrow I will get some finished pics up with a good camera.

Trying to decide where to put my GoPro mount for either FPV or side shot view like I have done on my other scx10...

Thanks Hulk can't wait to be done!!

And the blue headlights with amber markers installed and ran back waiting for plugin.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394765722747.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394765722747.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 175
Here we go! Last stages of building done tonight, need wheels and tires bolted and I am done and ready for testing!!

DSCF5502_zps568168a9.jpg

DSCF5503_zps1618dea6.jpg

DSCF5507_zpsae2ef8f1.jpg

DSCF5508_zps4517eef1.jpg

DSCF5509_zpsace3a474.jpg

How can I make an RX pack from a nitro (left) work with the LED lights (right) so nothing blows? I will connect females into them of course but what do I need to do to wire it up seperately from the battery pack?
DSCF5515_zps8ac819de.jpg

The voltage is good at 6 VDC from the pack. I'd just go with a F-F adapter unless it's a lighting controller with brakes turn signals, etc. Then you'll need to hook it up to the RX.

Nope just a simple light module meant for a switch on the tx, so it will be ok with a F-F connector?