HPI-Killers "In Loving Memory" 1.9 Spec Wraith*UPDATED*

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tire apears flat from the rig weight and smaller 2.2 foams than it needs but its extra grabby.
Thanks Curtis I love the way those tires look alone and how mean it makes the rig look.
HPI, I feel ya lol thats how some of my nitros are, ran very rare.

Any ides on a hood hinge setup?

Aircraft hinges for like the ailerons/elevators?

Aircraft hinges for like the ailerons/elevators?

Got a link Hamz, if thats a serious response lol.

----

Got the video footage from the 24th loading now than will be editing into 1 if not 2 parts for my friends @ RCNT to enjoy. Should be up in an hour or so!!

God I love editing my footage, its pretty addicting to me IMO..

And no Schrode, no water except small shallow creeks, still made me nervous. :hehe:

Wooo! After almost 4 hours of chopping up my footage & doing a full 100% completed edit I am now saving to my CPU then tomorrow morning will be realeasing it to the world & RCNT members!

This is one of my longest, most heart felt movies I have ever made and took alot of care and love in making this so I expect no rude ass comments but am open to critics of the film and what you think of it.

For now, I am going to dry the sweat from my forehead and palms, and go get DRUNK!!!!

Maybe some micro sized screws through the hood/body and use a thick piece of lexan on the back to screw the screws into. Would almost look like rivets if you did it right/cleanly. I would make little lexan squares that were the same size of the back sides of the tabs and CA them to the back of the tab, then screw the screws through them after templating the holes in the hood/body.

Maybe some micro sized screws through the hood/body and use a thick piece of lexan on the back to screw the screws into. Would almost look like rivets if you did it right/cleanly. I would make little lexan squares that were the same size of the back sides of the tabs and CA them to the back of the tab, then screw the screws through them after templating the holes in the hood/body.

Smart thinking Olds thanks alot, I would have never guessed to use a "backer" style piece for a solid grab on the hardware.

-----

Well I crapped out the first edit due to beats and effects being slightly off & missing info and such. Saving a 13 minute flick to my CPU then its off to youtube if everything sounds and looks alright.

That's a great build! I think this is a really great shot. Totally looks like 1:1.
Pulling into the garage to air up?
DSCF3007_zps577d4ece.jpg

Haha it looks delapidated indeed BUT, with the lead paper weight NiMH pack up front, the wheels being vented and the foams being too small for the tires it looks like it right?

I love how a camera can make these RCs look so 1:1 and scale.

----

98m untill my video is on YouTube.....

Woo! Waited nearly 3.5 hours for this beast to upload onto YouTube, and here she is!!!
Shes damn near 13 minutes long so grab a seat, turn it up and enjoy!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rg4RvlDR6c"]Trail Blazin Axial Wraith Pt1 - YouTube[/ame]

Labor Day at the dunes in S.Utah

Between the Wraith, quads and a good night of stories, drinkin and a fire it couldnt have been any better!

Enjoy!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eOZng-uhN0"]Dune Blazin Axial Wraith - YouTube[/ame]

I know it sounds like I live under a rock, but axial rigs are good?, and axial engines are lame?

By the way thanks for the video, very much enjoyed!, my nephew thinks your cool!

Yeah thats the rumor with Axial, unless the mills are like the trx mills, some luck out with them.

Tell your nephew thanks, I appreciate the kind words!

Nobody watched it? Gee nobody likes me and my builds... Oh well lol

Thanks HPI that means alot to me indead. I drive this rig so differant its weird. All the love, emotional pride its superb! And really put alot of efforts to impressing you guys with my tube videos. RCNT is the only reason I make videos!

...... Dangit Jack N.07 your speaking again...

*Jack*"Psssssst, want a shot?*:hehe:

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

And actually have another GoPro moment video of hitting water too hard and this time frying the rx which is actually not a shock to anyone haha for me Pt.2 Trail Blazing bit can't wait for tomorrow evening!

*gulp* ....... X-P

Last edited:
Truck looks so good! Makes me want a wraith even more
Good videos too keep them coming I like watching your videos

Man how did I not see this? I'm happy to know that old rig got your buddy into Rc, killer tribute bro!

Superb video, makes me want a Wraith or some sort of scaler!

Back