Jammin X1cr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skyline racer Ya its an OFNA. do you own both? I do. The Jammin is as good or better then most cars on the market. I will tell you now with out a doubt that I like the Jammin better then my Mugen. In earlier post it was still new for me and the verdict was not totally out. Now it is. My mugen will be sold soon. I raced the car this last weekend against the 777, S3, Mugen, Xb8. Their was two of us using the Jammin and we finished 2 and 4 out of about 40. I was turning lap times faster then I ever did with the Mugen. Now let me say the Mugen is an awsome car, but I get sick of people dogging Ofna products. After the race I had alot of people approach me and say how awsome the car looked and handled, they were very impressed. There is a huge difference between the rtr stuff for bashers which they sell alot of and the pro models. OH and by the way the newest Ofna driver is Greg Degani on the Hyper side. Not to mention I only paid $470 for my X1-cr pro. upgrades were captured hinge pins and one piece motor mount.

Last edited:
No, Actually I do not own one. And owning one isnt nessicary to look at material and tell a fact.

what material? I put both cars together and the fit and finish on each is the same. What material are you talking about? What I can't understand is how so many people think the only two brands of cars are Kyosho and Mugen. The reason I didn't get a 777 is because I felt after I bought the sp1 for $750 (I know it is less now) I had to spend another couple hundred on hop ups to get it to the level of the Jammin in MATERIAL. I think that Ofna DISTRIBUTES (because they don't make) alot of entry level cars that are just that entry level ( look at the 7.5 sport rtr, junk). Skyline you have the right to your opionion and it is the opinion of alot of others and thats fine, but as far as the top of the line Ofna cars go I think it is wrong. I think this year we will see alot of different cars winning. The first big race this year so far was won by Drake and the Jammin.

ALso I must add the Thunder Tiger looks great but being new it is also having minor problems with some parts breaking and they are making running changes as any good company would. THe same is true with the Jammin. Any problems I had I called Ofna and a new part was sent for free, no questions. They made a running change to the tank material. They sent two.

buggyman you need to lighten up man! Skyline has his opinion and he is sticking to it. He like many members are going to have to see ahuge difference in Hong Nor stuff before we buy them and thats it.

oh, I am fine just having convesation. as I stated you have the right to opionion. and I respect. just stating mine. everything is fine. It is hard to show in words but no hard feelings.

Yes, Dude... Come on now, Chill... I was stating on how I dont really like their products. Really you are acting like your the president of the companys son or something. Its alright, I dont take any hard feeling but this is a thread to express opinions.

I will end like this, seeing as how this is a Jammin thread. Anyone interested in this car ask someone that has one and see what they think. Ask what they can compare it too. Also try and see how one handles. Try not to listen to people who base their opinion on nothing factual, but only on some past products. I think there are several good cars on the market, and this help keep everything competative. I will say I had bought this car as a backup to my MBX5. In the first race I compared my lap times which were lower and thought it was a fluke. Now after three races with it (7 heats, and three mains) every single heat and main my lap times were faster. So for me this is no fluke. For anyone interested in how it works and hold up I couldn't be happier. Oh and a MBX5 will soon be for sale on e-bay so I can buy a second one.

How is a basing your opinion on a companies quality of their products by the history of there past products? I am in no way saying your buggy is bad. I just want to be able to wrap my mind around the logic that a companies past products in now way reflects on the quality of their new products? Is Yugo going to bust out with a 200k super car? Nah... Why do I say that, just look at there history. Now did anyone say it is impossible for a company to change their quality, well heck no. Sure a company can change their quality but unfortunately opinions on the most part are not changed over night. The other side of that coin is that these opinions were not formed overnight either, but rather were formed over many years. I will leave you with this, I understand your faster just switching to the new buggy. A lot of people would think maybe you need to address the tuning of the suspension better for the particular track on the MBX5? Granted I know nothing of your skills or abilities, and they could be far superior to mine, but that thought still crosses my mind and I am sure a lot of other people are thinking it also. Especially the people that have owned MBX5's. I wish you well with your buggy, please do not take these as personal attacks rather it's just a couple of people's opinion on the big ol interweb.

A side note: I do not think anyone here said they do not like Ofna the distributer, but rather we notice a big difference between the two brands Ofna distrbutes. The Hong Nor is the no-no stuff in the past and Ho Bao (maker of the Hyper 7, is an entirely different animal).

One- Thank you for ending, And Two- A Buggys duribilty really is a good plus. But really its the driver who manuevers it.

Skyline Racer said:
One- Thank you for ending, And Two- A Buggys duribilty really is a good plus. But really its the driver who manuevers it.

One, I didn't end anything but rather offered my opinion.

Two, you are right.

Buggyman is a cool cat in my opinion and is just as passionaite about buggies as us if not more. He sounds like a helluva a driver and a good guy so save the smack and take it to the track! :cheers:

Last edited:
It was not to you. It was to buggyman.

Skyline Racer said:

Skyline Racer I am not trying to single you out.

This is basically what I have been trying to say all along. For so long everyone thought the Kysoho was the only car on the market because it won. Now everyone is all about the Mugen. There is now more good cars to choose from then ever before. So when people come on a thread and say something negative about something they have never used then that is not right. I came on here when I first bought the car and thought I would get some useful info from some owners. Some set up tips and what not. What I saw was mostly negative posts from people who don't own it. All I have been trying to say is ask some one who has used it. See one for yourself. Like I said before after each time someone watches me run it they approach me and comment on how dialed it looks. If you ask what sucks on the car I will tell you. If it is good I will tell you that. This year is going to be awsome for racing, it is going to be interesting to see so many different cars winning because 9 out of 10 drivers are not driving the Kyosho any more. Since I changed the weak points on my Jammin (stock motor mount, and the fuel tank from Ofna) and got captured hinge pins I have ran about two gallons on the car and it is still very tight. I haven't changed anything including oils. The diffs and shocks don't leak at all. I took the shocks apart to check the oil and they were like new.

Last edited:
Ah, Nah I never thought you were. I was just saying thanks for ending the discussion about it. Because It could have gone on and on and it would just be a mix up. I just said in my first post I dont know about the X1CR yet and I wouldnt put my money up to a product that I dont know about. I never meant to argue.