Jammin X1cr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not own one of these buggies. I am waiting to see some real results for the S3 before I decide what to spend my cash on.

Mike, you are right about the quality. A better built buggy that lasts longer with fewer replacement parts required is clearly better for the non-sponsored driver. But comments from all who have built this buggy seem to be that it is as good as anything else. As I said in my first post, your's was the first comment I had heard about people breaking parts on it easily, and it doesn't really gel with all the other comments I have heard.

Anyway...

Hinge pins - yeah, e-clips shouldn't be seen on a buggy of this price.

Fuel tank - sounds like there's something wrong with the first design of it, or the manufacturing.

Diffs - haven't heard of anyone breaking one.

Brakes - not sure what this means - it has quad brakes and the strength pretty much depends on your choice of servo and your linkage setup.

There is no option part for the braking system. At least not on their website: http://www.ofna.com/teamjammin/equip.html

As for club results - I am much more interested in these than big sanctioned races. The results of team drivers with team support have no relevance to how the buggy might perform for a club racer with limited ability, resources, or experience.

Hyper 7 TQ'd the worlds and may well have won if it wasn't for some shockingly bad decisions in the pits. What does that mean regarding the H7 versus Mugen/Kyosho? Nothing.

In Australia, the Kyosho hasn't won a major event since the MBX5 was released. What does that mean about the Kyosho versus the MBX5? Nothing.

Yes, buggyman is the only person in this thread who prefers the X1 over the MBX5. Still, he is the only person in this thread who has actually driven the X1.

Mike - I am a Kiwi, incidentally. Born and raised in the Waikato!

tomoko69 said:

Yes, buggyman is the only person in this thread who prefers the X1 over the MBX5. Still, he is the only person in this thread who has actually driven the X1.

Mike - I am a Kiwi, incidentally. Born and raised in the Waikato!

ah now your wrong there, i have driven a x1 as well There are already a few over here,
if you lived in the wiakato why the hell did you move to aussie

I know this is beating a dead horse, but the posts on the S-Grid are mostly from me. I have been very critical of this car. I just think some people think there is only two/three companies out there who can make a buggy.

tank problem=fixed for free running change

hinge pin problem=fixed free, one call to Ofna sent bag of four/also ordered captured ones because I wanted them.

Brake fade= my brakes on the Jammin fade no less then the Mugen.

motor mount had an issue, switched the mounts to the other side and has been fine. I think allot of the problem is the bigger case on the p-5. Already have ordered the one piece problem solved.
never have seen or read about any diff problems, and I am on the Jammin Grid all the time talking to other Jammin owners.
I keep beating the horse because the person spreading the word of the buggy has never seen one. I have never seen an S3 thats why I put it lightly and said "teething issues" the rest I have read on the Grid. Also I think it should be noted the feedback on the Grid about the S3 is mostly sponsored guys for TTR, I beleive they did a 50% sponsor on allot of guys. JMO not trying to Flame, like I said before the S3 looks awsome. Other then the very small issues with the car it is top quality for the money. The bottom line is the 1/8 scale market has become much more competitive this year because I believe companies have all stepped it up a notch. Kyosho isn't the only one anymore.

Last edited:
tomoko69 said:
Brakes - not sure what this means - it has quad brakes and the strength pretty much depends on your choice of servo and your linkage setup.

from http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/ba...el=&item=26&rsel=all&noskip=1&showforgotten=2

#27 of 162 by Adi (swede632) on Tue Jan 4 12:17:56 2005:

Bill Mc., I am starting to make those longer A mains now (must be the
car...LOL). Though I am noticing my brakes starting to fade more
towards the end of the longer mains. I know you run the cradock
brakes...they aren't supposed to have this problem? What's is your
take and what all do I need??? Just the disks (2 or quad set up?) and
any old metal calipers or recommendations?
Thanks,
Adi

#28 of 162 by Aaron Waldron (losinut) on Tue Jan 4 12:25:07 2005:

Jammin sells different brake discs that won't fade, and you only need
one disk for front and one for rear.

#30 of 162 by lance norick (goatfarm) on Tue Jan 4 13:24:11 2005:

Jays new pads are very good. Single front and rear. The brakes are
more responsive and much less drag and binding.

#31 of 162 by Adi (swede632) on Tue Jan 4 13:53:08 2005:

I will look into the new ones that Jay has out also...didn't know that
(not listed on the OFNA or Jammin site). I actually dumped the stock
ones right away, wasn't to happy with those. Not bashing them, overall
great brakes...just wanted more to my liking. Started running the
Crazynut racing ones, which were great/fine at first...though now that
I am running longer races, I find myself increasing my EPA on my brakes
more as the race goes on. Who knows, maybe that is normal for them to
fade a little and I am to picky.

David-you bring up a valid point on the rx battery being weak/low
charge and the servo doesn't get enough juice. Though in my case that
is not it...its got plenty of juice. I am just talking about 20-30
minute mains, not the 45-60 minute pro mains were this could
happen....me no pro!

#51 of 162 by Ernesto Roco (newbie) on Thu Jan 6 12:11:21 2005:

My experience with the X1CR..

My first weekend with this thing was a disaster. I was not able to
finish a single heat but the buggy showed great promise.

Things that can be improved:

Whats up with the motor mounts? I cannot get a good mesh with my Crono
and it ended up being a real problem and I stripped a clutch bell
because of it. It also likes to work itself loose no matter how you
tighten it. The motor does not sit flush on the chassis after you
tighten the individual mounts. Already ordered the optional 1 pc.
engine mount.

The shock bladders are too hard/brittle. It was ripped when I checked
the shock because it felt like the shocks had air in it. I am using
Mugen bladders, mush better now.

The 4 MM button screw that goes in the rear wing stay and gear case
could be about 4 MM longer, it stripped the plastic already.

The eclips are some of the thinnest I've seen it likes to work itself
loose. Already ordered the optional hinge pins.

Fit and finish is top notch and the kit parts are more organized as
compared to the Mugen where you have to open 6 different baggies to
assemble the rear section.

Rear hubs all the way back was too loose, middle is much better.

The buggy corners really well particularly the tight sections, WOW. I
am impressed. So much steering but not too loose, just right.

Hopefully, I figure out the bugs soon so I can drive and learn this
thing instead of wrenching all the time.

If you have any suggestions please chime in.

Thanks,
Ernesto

Read up on the buggy I am in NO way making this up. It does not benifit me either way and I have no agenda. I own NO buggy right now so I am not defending "my" model.

now read the TTR and 777 and post some of the issues. every car has some.

OK I have said enough the car works for me thats all I know and it is sweat.

Last edited by a moderator:
buggyman said:
now read the TTR and 777 and post some of the issues. every car has some.

OK I have said enough the car works for me thats all I know and it is sweat.

Ok I already said every car has problems. This is getting old. Sorry I said anything negative about the buggy. I just never get the 1/8th attitude where when someone owns said model they have to defend it like the designed it. I am just being objective and going off history, and others noted experiences with the model. I have said this all along. I think all your points are valid buggyman so good luck and I hope to see the buggy doing very well. :cheers:

Man, I just hate that sgrid forum system. So clunky. I have a hard time finding stuff in it. I guess I should persist.

I wasn't implying anyone was making stuff up.

If you read that thread in it's entirety there seem to be a lot of quite impressed people. Ernesto's comments seem a bit weird because he goes from saying bad things to very good things a lot.

It's so hard to know what to make of people's comments when they have just bought the things because we all want to make ourselves think we made the right decision, but we all get frustrated with things that seem to be badly made. And a new buggy is always going to have a few little teething issues once it starts getting into people's hands.

Everyone seems to agree that the XB8 is as good quality as anything, bar none. And yet lots of people have been bitching about the shock pistons, and now Xray have announced a new design for them using a more sturday material. BUT, if people had their downstops adjuted properly the original pistons were fine.

So after reading all of this, I still feel that the X1 is well built, and seems to have performance that is as good or better than K3 or MBX or XB8.

Really wondering about the brake disks - if they aren't on anyone's website, where do you get them?

mikeburgin said:
werent you racing 10th scale ???????

No, I was in the Hillcrest Tavern! :cheers:

tomoko69 said:
So after reading all of this, I still feel that the X1 is well built, and seems to have performance that is as good or better than K3 or MBX or XB8.

Really wondering about the brake disks - if they aren't on anyone's website, where do you get them?

No, I was in the Hillcrest Tavern! :cheers:

hmmm it is a very bold statement to say that a new buggy on the market is of the same if not better quality than the mugens, xb8, or kyosho, and untill it wins a worlds against the above including crono, or at least some real races ith the pro boys at the wheel, its hard to tell whats what but like i said that is one hell of a bold statement

Just as well I didn't actually say that, then. 'Well built'". "Seems to have performance as good or better". Not "Same if not better quality".

Picking hairs I guess. Besides, I don't think the worlds is much of an indication. Massive factory support and professional drivers and mechanics means that pretty much any of the top buggies may win.

What you said earlier about the build quality and longevity without having to constantly replace parts is more relevant...

Have to go to work now....

I think we all know the 777 sp1 is the best buggy there is. Granted, I haven't even built mine yet, however I have a nice hunch that my buggy choice is the choice of gods.

I think the 777 is a great buggy but ALLOT of guys are leaving it for the xray, ttr, and mugen, It doesn't seem to have the following of the 7.5. Also ran the Jammin again today, I put my back up motor in it with the stock motor mounts. I will agree with that one part being garbage. It is to soft and stripped. The one piece is the only way to go for this car. The rest of the car was solid though, no problems.

breakin2 said:
I think we all know the 777 sp1 is the best buggy there is. Granted, I haven't even built mine yet, however I have a nice hunch that my buggy choice is the choice of gods.
777 is great for a peice of plastic:)

breakin2 said:

Ha! Don't agree with your choice but I can't fault your attitude!

there really is not best buggy... some buggies can just do things better than the other.. but they will also do things worse than others... there is no 100% best buggy.. or everyone would be getting it..

No, you are wrong. There IS a best buggy. It's the 777 Special 1. :)

thats why it lost to mugen at the worlds right? :shrug: :smoke: :hammer:

what an excitement for this ordinary buggy !! :shrug:

I wouldn't be dreaming about getting a jammin
if I KNEW there are such innovative buggys around like the ttr s3 and the mayhem or xray or mbx5's

Just in my opinion, I see alot of buggys and I race them, I Think that the Jammin buggy is really just kinda like an OFNA. For 580 bucks for the kit, You could get a Mugen MBX5, And put some upgraded shock towers on it. 440 on ebay for the kit I believe, Then the upgraded Prospec towers would be around 60 bucks, But dont quote me on it. That would be my suggestion, I am a really big fan of mugen seiki, I will always race their buggys.

breakin2 said:

Their isnt a such thing as a best buggy. One buggy can have a lower CG, one can be more durable, Its how you drive it...

Also, Their is a New Thunder Tiger buggy coming out that looks like its going to be one of the toughest buggys yet, With the weight pretty low too.