it never ends

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lt.Doomsday

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i think the steering servo is burnt in the maxium ST.the problem is it's weak in turning left or right on the pavement and in the air.i checked the batteries and they are all in the green.

man,now i gotta get a new one and a servo saver.

one time my steering was doing the same thing so i got a new servo, and it ended up being that the servo horn was stripped, so check that.

when you take the horn off see what it does, and try hold it with your fingers and see how strong it feels.

I know how u feel. At the Dash & BAsh, my servo went on my Mammoth before I got to qualify. It really was a dissapointment when I know I would have kicked ass.

Maskale said:
one time my steering was doing the same thing so i got a new servo, and it ended up being that the servo horn was stripped, so check that.

when you take the horn off see what it does, and try hold it with your fingers and see how strong it feels.

it's not strong at all.all the teeth are their on the horn and on the servo side.

thats too bad, you may need a new one.

well if you are looking for a cheap servo, i found that traxxas (of all companies) makes a pretty decent servo for its price. the high torque one is acceptable. at least by my book

yeah,i just got done with replacing the front bearings that were worn,i still gotta get some 5x10's for the back cause the guy at the LHS only had 6 5x10mm bearings and i needed 8.

i guess when i get to the LHS i'll get 4 5x10mm bearings,a steering servo and servo saver kit.any suggestion for a good brand of saver and servo?

i got the bearings but held on the servo.i got home and with help of my dad,a tapered reamer and some light machine oil the car is fine now.the camber is a little off,but i'll fix it tomorrow.

sounds like you stripped 1 of the gears inside the servo. No biggie, un-screw the 4 screws at the bottom of the servo & carefully raise the top off leaving the gears intack on the body & study whats there. No magic will fly out you'll just see a set of plastic gears, the servo motor gear, the center set & the gear on the pod that tells the s-motor to go left or right. you can buy a metel gear servo set for your servo & a new top with bearings (2) wammo---you got a metel gear dual bearing for the steering!!! which all steering servos should be high torq 70 oz or better & & metel gear!. Anything less is trouble in waiting for anyone. Hightec makes one I think called a g-45 or something (a little help here) Anyway now you know how to rebuild servos or use the parts in others

i check the inside of the servo.no teeth were worn or broke.

Back