Installing a Tekin T8 Motor, need help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbnjzb

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So, I am not sure of what to do. Just got a Tekin T8 1900kv motor and need to solder on some wires. What size wire should I use to connect to the ESC? Also, there are solder tabs?? I've never soldered to them. Do I just do it as normal? Thanks so much for your responses! Dave

ten or twelve gauge wire. replace the advice on the Rx8 side with your connectors that your going to solder on in this vid. the one and only randy pike will help you in this vid. hope this helps

http://vimeo.com/24627096

Question...Can I just solder the ESC right to the tabs on the motor? The thing is I'm using a Hobbyking ESC with 5 inch wires right now. Thanks. Dave.

Last edited:
Yes

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

Not a problem. Enjoy your setup

Just a piece of knowledge to share: The lower gauge wires you can run, the less resistance there will be and the better energy transfer.

And make the wires as short as possible.

Just a piece of knowledge to share: The lower gauge wires you can run, the less resistance there will be and the better energy transfer.

So, that means a thicker wire, right? 12 is on there now. Thanks! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337451960.457656.jpg

Those wires are good for 1/8 scale. Your solder joints need redone lay the wire across the tabs not straight down in them.

Those wires are good for 1/8 scale. Your solder joints need redone lay the wire across the tabs not straight down in them.

Got an example pic? It seemed like I had right. First time soldering motor wires to the can. What's the difference in wire placement, do u know? Thanks.

And make the wires as short as possible.

Anything under 12" will not matter electrically as wire and cable is rated in resistance per foot.

---------- Post added at 2:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:27 PM ----------

So, that means a thicker wire, right? 12 is on there now. Thanks!View attachment 11198

12 Gauge is good as is 10 gauge. 8 gauge might be a bit overkill.

It may not be aesthetically pleasing but will work either way as long as there is a good solder joint.

Last edited:
46405e7e.jpg

The shorter the less resistance. 6 inch will have half the resistance of 12. It won't be noticeable though. Also keeps things clean.

It may be neater but the effective difference in impedance in the motor wiring will be nil.

Yea. I did say it wouldn't be noticeable.

In the end it is probably like 10-50 rpm difference.

Just my habits from 1/12 carpet racing. You use every little trick in the book on them to maximize output. We are using hotwires to adjust 1% differences in programming we get crazy sometimes.

Last edited:
Just follow the Randy Pike video. He works for tekin itself.