Insomnia, and How to Deal With It?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that seems to be having a 50/50 success rate, is that about an hour before I want to sleep, I turn off the TV, and get away from the PC or anything backlit. And I've started going up to bed, getting comfortable, and reading on my kindle since it's e ink and not backlit. That way, if I get sleepy, I can simply put down the kindle, and turn off the light and sack out.

One of the biggest issues I have is getting my brain to turn off. I'll be tired, and lay down, but my mind is still going 100mph, with all kinds of thoughts racing through it. I've tried random things like counting sheep (sounds silly I know) but anything monotonous to trick your brain into lulling to sleep, and that doesn't work. I've tried music, but then I just focus on the words and stay awake till the radio timer runs down. Hmmm, maybe some classical?

That sounds like a bit of anxiety to me driving the insomnia (no doctor here) and there may be more of a backissue. But I have the same issue of replaying the whole day in my head before I go to sleep, and thinking woulda/coulda/shoulda of events.

That sounds like a bit of anxiety to me driving the insomnia (no doctor here) and there may be more of a backissue. But I have the same issue of replaying the whole day in my head before I go to sleep, and thinking woulda/coulda/shoulda of events.

That's what happens to me and they got me on a med to help with the "rushing" thoughts and it has helped me get to sleep easier with no grogginess in the morning.

Back