Incredible! My stolen Rc arsenal recovered!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Back in October, all of my Rc trucks were stolen from a buddies garage. Anybody that has heard me ramble over the last couple of years knows that most of my vehicles were old. Rusty from the '90's, an original E Maxx, Mini Lst, Blackfoot, 2.5 Maxx, and a Stampede from the '90's, with a vxl drivetrain. The part that hurt the worse was losing my support gear. Just hoards of pinions, spurs, clutchbells, chargers, a pile of nimh packs(newer, decent batteries),ect... Tons of stuff I've accumulated over the last 20 years, all packed into the tackle boxes my late father had picked up for me as a child. Anyways, one of the local cops is into rc, so I filed the report with him. Then forgot about it. Figured the stuff was gone forever. This is were the story gets good.:) I guess some old folks were outside doing some yard work when an out of control toy truck smashed into one of their basement windows. The folks were outside and seen the truck coming and watched it crash. About half a block away, a group of kids high-tailed it and ran off. Without even coming down to check the damage and/or retrieve the truck. Only problem for the rat-ass kids is that the folks who's property was damaged knew who the kids were, and exactly where they lived. They've had problems with this crew of shitheads before. Most of them live on the same block. Since the kids ran off, rather than taking responsibility for the hell they raised, the folks called the police. The officer that came to investigate was same guy I filed the report with(there's only 6 cops in town anyways). He said it took a few minutes, but he recognized the '72 Chevy body from the pictures I gave him. I guess he brought all the kids down for questioning and one of them folded. Led the officer to the kids garage attic where he found all of my stuff. Cuffed and stuffed! I guess this was the first time that this little punk had the balls to run one of my vehicles. The neighborhood where this all occurred is where the park district is. We brought our trucks there years ago, but the glitching and interference was so bad that we couldn't run there. Guess these little pricks found that out the hard way! And oh hell yes, I'm pressing charges. AM radios for life!!!:hehe:

That's a really amazing story. I'm sure they didn't run because of the broken window, but the fact that it was a stolen truck. NO ONE would have given up their own truck.
What makes it even more amazing is the fact that you got it ALL back.
Cops NEVER recover stolen goods. Ask Alpine. :hehe:

Wow! Thats awesome man! Little bastards got bit in the ass! Very cool, gotta give props to the cop and the old folks!

I hear ya Rolex. I never expected to see any of it ever again. This kid had lots of time to get rid of everything too. The officer said it all looks like it has been untouched since it was stashed. The rx pack in the Maxx even has juice in it still. Now I can continue to figure out why the tranny gets stuck every once in a while after the brakes are hit hard.:) I'm so pumped!!!

Wow! Thats awesome man! Little bastards got bit in the ass! Very cool, gotta give props to the cop and the old folks!

I'm gonna drop by the police station this Wednesday to pick everything up and thank the officer. Then I'm swinging by the peoples house to see if they need someone to replace their window. Least I can do.:)

That's awesome.

That's awesome. Nothing worse than so duche bag stealing your stuff. It's happened to all of use but we never usual get it back.

man o man i guess the law gets the job dont right sometimes. you bet i would buy that window also. you got my brain started, i think ill take pics and wright down ser. numbers.

That's great that you got it back! Let's hear it for small town cops!

Thanks for the kind words fellows. I can't wait to crack my boxes open and smell that rotten shock oil, grease, and locktite smell.:) I feel like the luckiest dude on the planet right now.

Wow I wish I could be there and go through it with you thats amazing and would jolly me right up to open those boxes up again!:hehe:

That's great that you got all of your stuff back, Sad thing is all they will probably get is a slap on the wrist, I hope it at least scares the crap out of those kids so they don't try this crap again. But it should be a felonly charge because I am sure all of your stuff is worth well over $400.

The cop wanted me to give him the retail costs of the vehicles and gear, and use 3/4 of the amount to value it. That's way more than the stuffs worth, but nobody knows that. And besides, my chargers, batteries and ignitors are gone. I have 2 4600 Tenergy 6 cells and 2 chargers that charge at 1 and 1.2 amps.:) I'm back in business, but barely.

Back